What I'm Looking Into At The Minute

MubbleFubbles

So off the back of my research into the effects of the E on player progression, I've started up another project which is focused around seeing if there is a specific point after creation where players lose interest in the league by gathering how many weeks a player updated in and the week gap between a players creation and last update (also the latter will probably not prove useful as there's a surprising number of players who decide to make a single welfare claim a year after going inactive and not even being on a team) . This is also an interesting project because this is the first time I've been using scripts to input the data I need rather than manually typing and copying/pasting functions. It's having mixed results so far, it took a while to create the right scripts and pulling data from the drafts becomes a bit awkward around certain periods (For example, Season 73 and 74 Drafts had four more second round selections than usual which doesn't really corroborate well with how I'm trying to pull the data) and it's not going particularly quick (it's based on Importhtml and ImportXML functions which sometimes work alright, but too many can lead to problems), but at least automating the process to a certain degree has freed up a bit of time to do other stuff at the same time.

I feel like it might also work well to track averages earned per week (among active players) and see if there's a point where players might get less active, as opposed to inactive. I'm also curious if there's a stronger correlation between time spent in the league and going inactive or TPE, and which league a player is in, and going inactive.

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah, that is very common now, no idea why

I couldn't possibly imagine!