Final Week Predictions

Gaikoku-hito

Final Week Predictions  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh, this last week was a hot mess when it came to my predictions of where teams would be placed by the end of the week so let’s start to unpick where I went wrong. Let me also add that if I predicted no change than wouldn`t that be a rather boring read? We actually only had one change in the standing in North American Conference last week and that was for last place.

Standings                                                 Record                  Last WK                 PTS                                     Last WK Prediction                          

1.     :la:   Los Angeles Stars                  38-13-2               (9-6-1)              78pts                 🟰  1st  North American Conference

2.     :tor:  Toronto Legion                       34-9-10              (10-3-3)             78pts                 🔻4th North American Conference

3.     :dcd:   D.C. Dragons                         35-14-4              (10-4-2)              74pts                🔺2nd North American Conference

4.     :que:   Vancouver Wolves                 33-17-3               (9-6-1)               69pts               🔺3rd  North American Conference

5.     :sea:   Seattle Bears                         28-19-5               (10-4-1)              61pts                🟰 5th North American Conference

6.     :chi:   Chicago Phoenix                   22-27-3                (7-7-1)               47pts                🟰6th North American Conference

7.     :cal:   Calgary Wranglers                 16-34-3                (4-10-2)             35pts               🔻 8th North American Conference

8.     :nya:   New York Americans             14-33-7                (4-11-1)              35pts               🔺7th North American Conference

Summary: Toronto Legion held their own this week but can it continue as seven of the sixteen games when to over-time or shoot-out last week so they were really helped by the loser points and their ability to win in the extra frame so they dropped points but only single points rather than two points I they lost in regular frames. Take away the loser points (10pts if my math is correct) and they would have been jumped by D.C Dragons and Vancouver Wolves. Only other change or prediction that I messed up would be Calgary and New York being tied for last but due to wins placing Calgary ahead. So otherwise, I think I did a good job predicting but didn`t foresee the loser points Toronto would muster.

This Weeks Predictions:

1.   :tor:  Toronto Legion           🔺

Reason: I bet against last week due to a tough schedule but they played tough close hockey and managed more points than not last week. Not to mention they were the hottest team in the Conference but this will really come down to head-to-head games against Los Angeles as they play four times in the final twenty games.

2.   :dcd:  D.C. Dragons               🔺

Reason: Seven of the remaining nineteen games are against Conference play-off teams Los Angeles (3), Seattle (2), Vancouver and Toronto but they also play play-off bound European conference teams in Riga (2), HC Davos (2) and Prague. It isn`t an easy schedule but I cannot bet against this team as I have done most of the season only to be proven wrong. They should win more than they lose down the stretch and if I am right, they could actually catch the Los Angeles Stars for second in the conference. Head-to-head series between Los Angeles will determine who gets home ice in first round as I think these two are destined to play each other either way.  

3.  :la:  Los Angeles Stars     🔻

Reason: Team success has come from their goaltender out for most of the season as Art Vandelay @Gustav has kept the team in a lot of games but with nineteen games remaining in the season and having eight back-up games needing to be played. This could see Los Angeles drop games that they really shouldn`t. The Stars also have nine play-off teams’ game of the remaining nineteen so it would be fair to say that they might struggle to stay just over 500 in the last week of the season? Big games against DC (3), Toronto (4), Prague and Seattle. Can they stay ahead of D.C? It really comes down to the head-to-head series between the two and I am slightly leaning towards D.C. claiming home ice advantage in the first round of the play-offs.

4.   :que:  Vancouver Wolves    🟰

Reason: Twelve games remaining against Play-off bound teams but most of the games are out of conference with HC Davos(2), Prague(2), Malmo and Riga meaning they will have a tough time making up ground unless the teams above them start taking points off each other. Big games in conference this week will be Toronto(2), Seattle(2) and D.C. The Wolves seems destined to be heading for a Wildcard dance with rivals Seattle Bears as they start the week five points back of D.C. Dragons but nine points back of Los Angeles; who I have falling to third this week. Can Vancouver somehow make up the difference in points to Los Angeles? Seems unlikely.

5.   :sea:  Seattle Bears                🟰

Reason: Have been in nowhere land for a bit now but have played really good hockey down the stretch but managed only to close a single point on the fourth place Vancouver Wolves in the past week. They have added at the trade deadline but it is more a question of play-off success than worrying about regular season standings. Seattle has twelve games remaining against play-off teams with Riga(3), Prague(2), Toronto (3), Vancouver (2) and D.C. (2). They can make-up ground but will it be enough to leapfrog Vancouver in the standings?

6.   :chi:  Chicago Phoenix          🟰

Reason: Really sitting in nowhere land similar to Seattle Bears as they are currently fourteen points back of Seattle for a wildcard spot. If they were every going to make a run this would be the time as they play only five games of the last twenty against play-off bound teams. Could they go 15-5 to finish the regular season and somehow catch the Bears? Very unlikely but this team could be someone to watch in the final week as they could make a charge. I rather think it could be too little too late situation!!

7.    :cal:Calgary Wranglers       🟰

Reason: As one of the worst teams in the Conference and you have five games remaining against the best team in the conference; usually means you would be in for a tough week; then add the other nine games against play-off bound teams. They should all be looking to exit the locker room as quickly as possible at the end of the week. If anyone is counting that is fifteen games of nineteen games remaining against play-off bound teams. This could be a very ugly week for Calgary.

8.   :nya:  New York Americans   🟰

Reason: They haven`t played their back-up games yet!?!?! They will look to get back-up games played in eight of the last eighteen games of the regular season. With thirteen of the games remaining against play-off bound teams with only Chicago(4) and Moscow possible given the team a bit of a break but considering both are higher in the standings. It could easily be an 0-18 end to a difficult season in New York.

Tell me below how badly you think I have done making the predictions and where you would have placed the team instead.......

1 hour ago, Trazan said:

Oh, going 0-18 would absolutely suck donkeyballs. Gonna hope for 5 wins and a comeback next year :):D

Should hopefully steal a few games down the stretch but you never know with STHS