Tanking and My New Player

badcolethetitan

Tanking and My New Player

GeorgeRichmondLVA.png

The Topic of Tanking

A recent topic has came up in the VHL with some teams being called out (not going to list the specific teams) for playing their AI backup a little too much in an attempt to get a higher draft pick. Obviously, this is against the rules, as you're not allowed to play an AI goalie over a human more than the allotted backup games each season. Personally, I don't really understand the whole point of doing so. I guess I can get the point where you want to secure the highest draft pick possible, so against the teams you are trying to out-tank you play your backup against them to secure a loss, meaning you have a higher draft pick. However at the same time, why? You're taking away games from a human player that just wants to see their player play and enjoy the simulation experience. Is moving up one or two spots in the draft really worth basically benching a human player for extra games? I don't think so. At the end of the day, it's all about the experience and you have to remember there are humans behind the screen. Every single player has a human tied to them and that's something I have to remind myself. It's not a NHL Franchise Mode where everyone is an AI and it doesn't really matter if you trade them, bench them, strip them of the C, etc. We'll see what happens to these teams as they're most likely going to get punished, my guess would be having slightly worse draft odds of securing a higher pick in the draft than where they are, but we'll see.

My New Player - George Richmond

This is mainly just filler to get to 500 words for my media spot, but I recently recreated and I'm no longer a first gen! It'll be interesting to see how this player turns out, as I feel like I'm a bit better at building a player as Siyan Yasilievich wasn't bad, but never really was amazing. I hope to win more awards with this player and take home multiple cups, but then again, who isn't aiming for that. When choosing a team, I wanted to choose somewhere where I'd have the chance to play in the top six, while also making the playoffs. The best teams to do so was the Las Vegas Aces and the Miami Marauders, but I decided to go to Las Vegas as I'm pretty active there and it's a super fun locker room. Currently, I've played eight games with three goals, four assists, good for seven points and a plus eleven. That's actually pretty good I'd say, especially since my build is pretty stale since there's not much you can do early on. Ideally, I want to make a scoring forward that has very good defense and can skate, which is pretty cookie cutter if you ask me. I would love to skip to the E and actually spend more than one season there, as last time I went it was pretty fun, even though there are horror stories about the E. I think it's for sure gotten better though and there's some teams there I'd love to play for. At the end of the day, I can't wait to see what happens with this player and where I land!