A look in on Rip Wheeler

Scurvy

Well I need 150 words for this week’s VHL.com so I can get some points into my new player, Logan Ninefingers.  What better topic to speak about today than my friend and utter disappointment, Calgary forward Rip Wheeler @ScottyP. 

So yesterday, Rip and I played golf together for a Veterans of Foreign Wars tournament.  A very worthy cause to benefit wounded vets and help with housing and life needs.  While the cause was worthy, Rip’s golf game was NOT.  Now I equate it to his level of play for Calgary currently.  Lots of hits, not much in the way of scoring.  

Now compared to last season Rip is having a great year, however last season I thought he was going to be sent down to the VHLM again to “work on his game.” So far this year he has 10g-11a 21pts -21 111PIM and 286 hits.  Pretty decent hit totals but obviously hurts the team defensively.  

Now here is the true stat,  for Sep 24 update lot he has earned 1 (YES ONE) TPE for practice facility.  I am hoping he alteast does something today to earn.  I will be watching RIP.  So will @Thunder.