C.G.Y. Janser making a citizen's arrest

Daniel Janser

Callum just walked out of the SaskTel Centre after a briefing for the oncoming playoffs. Headphones on, pondering whether he wants to go to the Brevoort Park for a jog. He was just unlocking his car, when he saw a middle-aged man, snatching a hundred dollar bill out of the tiny hands of a six year old, and running away. The kid was clearly shocked and started crying, the accompanying parent was frozen on the spot, more concerned about the youngsters well being than the loss of the money.

Unfortunately for the aspiring felon, he was paying more attention to potential pursuers than what was going on in front of him. He was running towards Cal. As avid followers of the VHLM may know, the Swiss defender has an iron fist in a chainmail glove. He did not even think about it, but hip-checked the fugitive against his sturdy, solid steel pick-up. The thief then rebounded from the Ford and directly collided with Callum's outstretched lower arm. It felt like running into an anchor cable. The wanna-be thug dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes.  The Calgary native then, turned the suspect belly-down and secured them with some zip-ties he had on the bed of his truck. All while calling the police.

In the meantime a crowd has assembled, including parent and child, who could not thank Callum enough for his deed. Apparently, the youngster got up early in the morning all summer to do the odd job in the neighbourhood to earn the money for the first hockey stick. The family was struggling already financially and could not afford the coveted equipment otherwise. Callum told them that unfortunately the bill in question would be considered evidence and will not immediately be returned to their rightful Owner. So he opened his wallet and gave the kid two hundred dollars of his own money. Parent and kid alike protested, saying that they only had a hundred dollar to start with. But Cal-Gary would have none of it, and told the kid: 'You know if you come to our practice tomorrow morning, you will need a bucket and some skates as well.' The small family were over the moon and couldn't believe what the Saskatoon player just insinuated. 'I am sure, the other team members will want to meet a kid with so much dedication for icehockey.' And with that (and after giving his statement to the cops) he drove home.

10 Stiffest Wrestling Clotheslines Ever – Page 6

dramatic re-enactment of the event by professional athletes

• 3 months later...

Cal-Gary. Future holder of The Key to the City! It's crazy these days. 6 year olds can't even walk down the street with a $100 bill in their hand. Makes you wonder what the world is coming to. 😔 

This was a fun read. It has comic book potential with a superhero type of theme. Maybe you could create a graphic for Cal-Gary's superhero suit. Superhero suit or not, I'll be sure not to snatch any $100 dollar bills from the hands of toddlers if I'm ever in the Saskatoon area. And if I do, I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for a zip tie toting truck first!

Nice work!

On 1/22/2024 at 1:23 PM, UghSike said:

Cal-Gary. Future holder of The Key to the City! It's crazy these days. 6 year olds can't even walk down the street with a $100 bill in their hand. Makes you wonder what the world is coming to. 😔 

This was a fun read. It has comic book potential with a superhero type of theme. Maybe you could create a graphic for Cal-Gary's superhero suit. Superhero suit or not, I'll be sure not to snatch any $100 dollar bills from the hands of toddlers if I'm ever in the Saskatoon area. And if I do, I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for a zip tie toting truck first!

Nice work!

Les As De La Jungle GIF by tatprod