Bratislava Barely Misses the Finals, Spanish Moon Moth Finally Does Something

Renomitsu

After what seemed like a fantastic streak to start the playoffs, the Bratislava Watchmen's streak came to an end in a heartbreaking game 7 that saw the Slovakian team fall to Rome by a full three goals. Bratislava packed up their things and went home before even reaching the finals this season – a disheartening outcome for what seemed like a very promising team.

But the post-season wasn’t without at least a few bright spots – many on the team performed reasonably well, and although his plus-minus wasn’t anything to write home about (seriously, in the end it was -1), Spanish Moon Moth could at least say it went better than his regular season. Moth, who with his friend Sunset Moth comprised important newcomers to the European team, led the playoffs with 9 points and 4 goals despite the overall negative box plus-minus, and attempted 25 total shots – a full half shot per game more than his regular season totals. It was the first time the Moth had come close to a point per game (and in fact exceeded it for the playoffs) – meaning the European team has a lot to look forward to last season given Spanish Moon’s glacial start to the season.

“We are… very excited, yes,” the probably-humanoid moth thing said, “I understand now how some of our friends on other teams like to defend and I think I can make something of this career.”