Kadachi goes 14th overall in the draft selected by Seattle

ROOKIE745

The VHL draft has come and gone, season 91 draftee's have their new home to look forward too. The attention will now turn to season 92 and understandably so, however this is not a look to the future and what it might bring. For Toby Kadachi, the Russian left winger who was rated as high as seventh in overall skill slid all the way down to 14th overall. Ironically he still went higher than what the VSN had him going at, which was the last pick of round one. Kadachi is understandably disappointed to see himself drop so much but knows nothing can be done now, all he can do is prove himself. "I was expecting to be in that top ten, so to drop to 14th was frustrating, clearly GM's weren't and aren't enamoured by my game. I'm glad Seattle did pick me where they did and I am going to show what other GM's are missing out on." Further adding to this is Kadachi has chosen to proceed right to the VHL and will skip the E, wanting a trial by fire. "I know it will be rough, I know I may struggle a lot but I learn better this way, it only encourages me to play harder, to challenge myself to be even better."

(word count 217)