Hampton on Prague’s Win

TownBizness

Back home for the off-season, ESPN radio recently caught up with Fred Hampton. Here’s some of his comments regarding the off-season and his previous season for Prague. 

“I’m still a little shocked to be honest. Shocked in a good way of course. Being a champion is always an amazing thing. It’s always something that takes a lot of work and it’s something that our entire team set out to do during last seasons training camp. We knew we had a good team; we knew we had a shot. We just needed to put in that effort and make it happen. And we did that. As we prepared for the finals, we knew we saw a great opponent in front of us. We knew it would be tough. But ultimately we simply saw them as standing in our way. Fast forward and we did what we needed to do and we danced on that ice. I’d of course want to give a shout out to my teammates and the coaching staff for making this happen. It’s a we over me thing always and we did that!  I’m looking forward to being back and making a run for a back to back championship. Let’s get it.”