A tight European conference

JCarson

Excuse me Simon but WTF. 

At the time of this article, we are 8 games into season 91 (okay a couple teams have 9 games) and it can only be said that the European conference is shaping up to be a close race. In fact, as I write this article the European conference has 5 teams tied in the standings, all for first place. You read that correctly, we have a 5-way tie for first place in the European conference. 

Prague has played 8 games and has a 6-2-0 record, has 12 points, have 30 goals for and 23 against for a 7-goal differential. 

HC Davos has played 8 games and has a 6-2-0 record, has 12 points, have 30 goals for and 25 against for a 5-goal differential. 

London has played 8 games and has a 5-1-2 record, has 12 points, have 20 goals for and 13 against for a 7-goal differential. 

Helsinki has played 9 games and has a 6-3-0 record, has 12 points, have 29 goals for and 23 against for a 6-goal differential. 

Riga has played 9 games and has a 6-3-0 record, has 12 points, have 31 goals for and 26 against for a 5-goal differential. 

It will be interesting to watch how this plays out over the season, will London’s lack of scoring result in them falling behind the pack, or will their strong defensive play allow them to steal a game or two? Will we end up with a tie and how many tie-breakers will be needed to sort it all out? 

I think the only thing we know now is that Simon is shaping this up to be an interesting season to watch.