My VHFL Team Thus Far (Part 1 - Forwards)

Advantage

MY VHFL TEAM THUS FAR (PART 1 - FORWARDS)

Hello Victory Hockey League, I hope everyone is doing well on this fine Sunday evening.  When thinking about what I wanted to write I ultimately decided to turn towards something that I have looked forward to just about every year…..the VHFL.  The Victory Hockey Fantasy League is something I like to think I usually decently in (top two both of the last two seasons…woo) but more I just enjoy the fantasy sports side of things.  Every March, I am counting down the days until I get to start up my Keeper Baseball League that I have been doing for almost a decade now.  And that is a similar (although admittedly lesser) feeling to what I feel every single time we start up the VHFL.  Therefore, I wanted to use this article to look at the forwards that I selected this off-season and get an update on just how well they are performing at the moment.

John Jameson (Current Pace: 56 G, 52 A, 108 P, 311 Hits)

John Jameson was my first pick in the draft and I couldn’t be happier with how he is performing this year, as without even checking I can safely assume he is one of the best fantasy producers so far.  Not only is he on pace for over fifty goals and one-hundred points, but he is also an incredible physical presence, and currently sits fourth in the league with ninety-five hits over the first twenty-two games of the season.  While Jameson has definitely played an important role in Prague’s decent start to the season, it sadly has really hurt them that they are in the European Conference.  While they would sit third if they were in the North American Conference, they instead sit in sixth in the European due to it’s incredible depth, with just four points separating second and sixth.

Daryl Dixon (Current Pace: 38 G, 69 A, 107 P, 197 Hits)

Daryl Dixon has been a playmaking extraordinaire this season, sitting in the top ten for assists and being on pace for almost an assist-per-game and also being on a one-hundred point (and then some) pace.  While Dixon has not been quite as physically dominant as Jameson has been, I have been happy to see Dixon still being a huge fantasy producer with a nearly two-hundred hit pace to go along with the dominating offense.  Dixon has helped pace the Titans to the third best record in the European Conference, at 14-8-1.

Tomas Sogaard (Current Pace: 39 G, 29 A, 68 P, 321 Hits)

I took Sogaard because I hoped he could return to something even close to his prime.  While his offense has fallen a little short of my expectations (albeit thirty-nine goals and sixty-eight points as his pace is actually really good) I have been thrilled to see how physical he has been, and considering he was my last forward selection, I have no regrets on this pick at all.  He has been significant throughout a lot of Toronto’s twelve wins, but the team does find themselves in fourth place (albeit a distant ten points back of second). While Sogaard’s current pace would have him producing the least amounts of points of his VHL Career, that seems more of an example of just how consistently elite he has been over the years and why he is a first-ballot Hall of Fame player guaranteed.