Season Update with Chicago and George Richmond

badcolethetitan

Season Update with Chicago and George Richmond

GeorgeRichmondLVA.png

George Richmond VHLM Update

As of writing this, the VHLM is halfway done with the regular season, with the Ottawa Lynx currently in first place sitting at a crazy 27-6-3 record. The Lynx are built off the back of their amazing depth, where almost every player besides Loic Trepagoat has over 30 points, an impressive feat. George Richmond currently leads the team with 24 goals, 30 assists, good for 54 points and also a +21 on the season. Richmond has described this season as the "beginning of his journey," as after this season, he'll be heading to the E. Richmond also sits third in the entire league, behind the crazy duo of Caring Bear and Logan Ninefingers despite being selected 11th overall in the draft. He's currently making teams regret passing up on him, as it's still a mystery to this day why Richmond slid from 1st projected all the way to 11th overall in the draft. Regardless, the Ottawa Lynx are a very good team and are looking to continue their dominance moving forward. The biggest issue with the Lynx is their backend isn't the strongest, and their goaltending has been serviceable. However, anything can happen come playoff time, so we'll see what happens then!

Chicago Phoenix a bug in the system

The Chicago Phoenix currently hold a 21-11-6 record, despite being one of the worst teams on paper. Somehow, someway, this team is a top 3 team in NA, which is absolutely insane. I didn't really expect coming into this season we'd be towards a playoff spot, and this makes the rebuild even harder. Of course, you don't want to tank your lines and purposely start losing, because that's against what hockey is all about. However, when a team overperforms like this, it really hurts a rebuild as they won't get a top pick in the upcoming draft, which isn't very deep already. Regardless, I'd say I'm more happy than mad at the team overperforming, because it means anything can realistically happen at the end of the day. People might look at this as a bad thing, however, I don't mind being good when I'm supposed to be a bad team, it makes it more fun. Also, how are we above .500, yet have a negative goal differential? That is crazy to me, no clue how that happened. I guess Scotty Sundin is going to have a career year in his last season, which I'm all for it at the end of the day. He has 29 goals, 34 assists, and 63 points in 38 games played, which he could realistically get above 100 points, somehow. That would most likely make him the all-time point leader if he can do that, so I'd be hyped if he was able to reach it. We'll see at the end of the season if we're in a playoff spot, and if we do, I'm pretty sure we're going to get bounced in the first round. At the end of the day, MAYBE we could lose a couple more games, but I'm not against it!