Ruutu turns Alfred Champagne into tap water

jRuutu

One of the more interesting matchups during the ongoing week's sim was the game between Moscow and Davos, but not because of the teams playing. It was the potential fight between Jarmo Ruutu and Alfred Champagne that got the biggest headline before the game. Especially Champagne has been one of the most active fighters in the league this year and Ruutu is among the top 10 also. Ruutu, the rookie fighter, vs Champagne, the seasoned warrior. That was the matchup. To the delight of everyone watching the game, the two dropped the gloves and went head to head. Champagne started the fight strong by being the more aggressive one, but Ruutu quickly got into the fight as he found a way to land one solid punch. From there on Ruutu dominated the fight, never letting Champagne to even touch him with his punches. Ruutu was the clear winner of the fight.

After the game Ruutu had this to say about the fight: "Yea you know, Alfred is a big guy, but I wasn't afraid. Before the game, the coach was saying something about fighting him, but I wasn't really listening, so I can't say for sure if the coaches were happy that I dropped the gloves, but when a good opportunity came I asked Alfred if he wanted to have a go, he said yes and we went at it. I managed to land a couple of nice ones and I think I won the fight, so that was cool. I am sure we will meet again."