Rave Sees Improvement; Production Still Slow

tcookie

The VHLE campaign rolls right along and Phillip Rave has, he hopes, 22 more regular season games left in his VHLE career. Rave will attend camp with the Malmo Nighthawks next year with a much better chance to break camp with the big club, but for now, his focus remains squarely on helping the Cologne Express win another title.

With just 5 goals and 10 points in 50 games this year, Rave's role all season has been relatively limited. Still, he's enjoyed the experience for what it has been. "Cologne is a great city, a great place to play. We're sitting here with a chance to go into the playoffs and fight for a title, so what do I have to complain about?" he says.

Rave has been working on his puck control and defensive play recently and hopes that improvement shows itself on the ice over the remainder of the VHLE season. "I feel like my game's come a long way over the course of this season, which is a nice feeling. I'm hoping to work on my shot accuracy a little more and as always, keep working on that important two-way game."