Lachlan's S91 Season Recap

kirbithan

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

— Welcome to Lachlan Summers’ S91 recap with your host Kirby! This was another solid year for everyone’s favorite Australian netminder. However, he unfortunately took a step back in terms of stats from his multi-award-winning season just a year ago, but that didn’t mean his performance was something to overlook.

At the end of the 91st season of the Victory Hockey League’s existence, Lachlan had helped lead HC Davos Dynamo secure their second Victory Cup in a row, after one of the longest droughts in VHL history! They managed to edge out the Riga Reign by a single point after a rough start to the season for the Dynamo, but they were able to right the ship and finish atop the competitive EU conference and the entire league once more.

Lachlan concluded his fifth season (holy crap, already?!) and his fourth as Davos’ starter with 64 games played, sporting a 46-12-6 record. He finished with a .933 SV% and 2.24 GAA with 5 shutouts, and while these stats were not as insane as his previous season, this was still a competitive season for Lachlan that will have him battling for awards with the likes of Jesse Teno (his close friend and rival), Joel Castle (A fellow S86 standout who has blossomed into a stud and another rival), Henry Tucker Jr. (longtime goalie for Riga), and Art Vandelay (art vandelay). 

Unfortunately, there was a roadblock during Davos’ first series in the form of the Helsinki Titans, who had been a thorn in their side the entire season. Although VSN predicted that Davos would take the series in 7, the Davids were ousted in 6 games, much to the team’s chagrin, as it was the final season of the likes of Pete Mitchell, Jake Thunder, and Leandro Goncalves

Lachlan concluded the series with a 2-3-1 record, a .925 SV%, 3.08 GAA and no shutouts. It was a difficult series for the Aussie and he was well aware his performance was not up to par with the standards that have been set by the Davos team and staff. Now they must work hard to stay competitive and start to rebuild the team in the coming seasons. 

This is also the first offseason where Lachlan is facing depreciation since he will now be going into his sixth season (that is so strange to think that he’s been around for this long) and I have been forced to spend hard-earned contract money on my first and certainly not last Jagr to save his HS attribute. It pains me that he’s already considered an aging player and will be approaching retirement in the next few seasons, but with how he’s stayed consistently solid throughout his tenure in the VHL and with Davos, I don’t expect that to change, even with a new core of players next season. I am fully confident that Lachlan will stay in top goalering form and help keep Davos near the top of the standings. 

It’s still hard to believe I have to worry about banking more TPE for depreciation now, but all good things must come to an end eventually. But today is not that day! Thanks everyone for coming to this season’s recap and I’ll see y’all again soon!

Spoiler

word count: 539