Loona heads back to London

WildfireMicro

Loona inwardly sighs a bit as she heads to her old apartment in London England. She had been told by San Diego Marlins management that unfortunately they will not be able to house her in the apartment anymore due to some league rule preventing it during the last week before the draft, and she and her friends Moxxie and Millie had to head back to their old place in London. Still for her, it was much better than the alternative, and as she unlocked the door, she saw her adopted father in Blitzo waiting for her with some fish and chips.

"Hey there Loonie!' he waves at her between bites of fish "this dish is actually pretty good, got it from a pub not too far from here"

"Sounds good Blitzo, did you leave some for us?" Loona asks as she puts her luggage down on the couch.

"Of course, yours is in the fridge" he says before they grab the food from the fridge and start to eat as they watch TV "so they had to kick you out of the apartment huh?"

"It's not that big of a thing" Loona says after finishing off a piece of fish "they just said that they could not house me after releasing me from my waiver contract, and I didn't have enough cash to pay for the apartment rent"

"Loona this is why I said to save as much as you could" Blitzo lectures her "just in case something like this happens"

"Hey I did try to save, but you try saving money when so many shops are full of stuff to buy in San Diego it's hard to save as much as I can." Loona pouts a bit before sighing "besides, it's not like I'm broke. I still have some cash left over from the waiver contract, but an apartment in San Diego is not cheap and I did not want to break the bank for it"

"I guess that is fair" Blitzo shrugs "anyways, what are your plans now that you are in London?"

"Doing a lot of interviews and stuff like that. I know quite a few hockey magazines that would kill to do an interview with an up and coming star, so I am spoiled for choice" Loona grabs a can of Fanta Orange and took a drink of it before continuing "I think I already got a few set up for tomorrow, so that should be fun"

"Loona don't overextend yourself" Moxxie warned "it is a very good way to burn yourself out"

"I know don't worry, I'm only gonna do two or three interviews" Loona smiles a bit "I do appreciate you worrying about me though"

"You're welcome" Moxxie said before yawning "jet lag is a pain..."

"Yeah I am pretty tired as well" Loona yawns before getting up and heading to one of the bedrooms "looks like you kept the room clean for me Blitzo"

"Of course Loonie!" Blitzo grins "I kind of had a feeling you would be visiting here at some point before the draft"

"I see" Loona yawns again before going to shut her door "anyways, goodnight!" She says as she waves to them before going to take a nap.