Early Season League Report

With the season just underway, it's still too early to make any solid predictions. Let's take a look at some notable performances in the first games so far.
@Leon Bruhmaninho and @Ivan Ivanov are both tied thus far with a WHOOPING seven points in only two games. At this rate, it may be a tight race for the Alexander Chershenko Award. Two players not far behind with six points in two games are @Bilbo Teebaggins, @Wayne Shotzky, and with six points in three games is @David . This is an impressive start to any season, but with @Ivan Ivanov having six of their seven points coming from goals they appear to be locked and loaded for the coveted Alexander Chershenko Trophy.

In the blue line, @Bilbo Teebaggins is making a name for their self. An astonishing early performance for a defenseman. Averaging 3 points per game, perhaps it's not the forwards for @The Miami Marauders that teams need to worry about. Although, the "one two punch" of @Leon Bruhmaninho seems to be a force to be reckoned with. I'd recommend any team to adjust their strategy and play tight man coverage on these two.

Taking a look at our net minders, @Ondrej Vencko has an impressive save % with 0.96% iand a GAA of 0.92 in their first start. Unfortunately, their one start resulted in an overtime loss to @San Diego Marlins. That's a tough break for @The Houston Bulls who are currently 1-0-1. Nevertheless, I wouldn't sleep on Vencko as a firm contender for the Benoit Devereux Trophy. In their first season, they are playing at a higher caliber than most would expect from a rookie net minder.

Of course, these are just numbers. Personally, I don't think statistics and numbers entirely correlate to a player's overall ability. There are many factors that play into this. After all, hockey is a team sport. This is not to say that all player's don't have potential to be great. Because, let's face it, we all have good days and bad days. It's rare to see 110% efficiency in any aspect of life. Defensive pairings that aren't fully adapted to their partners style of play may take more time to "gel". The same goes for forward lines. There are a lot of fresh faces out their, and this report is just a quick glance at the season so far. I think as time goes on, teams will make some line adjustments and find that perfect mix. I'm looking forward to this season and seeing how it pans out. Honestly, it's way too early to make any real predictions. I still think there are a few teams with great potential, but are still feeling out their line ups. I wouldn't count anyone out at the moment.

Reporting from Saskatoon
Sir Dingus Clappingham Esquire