Running With the Bulls: Valtr Bílý

LucyXpher

rwtb.thumb.png.0eba4dab42c4f299816cf13ec0189b94.png

In a statement to the press today, authorities have released the identity of the strange Czech man who was arrested outside of the Bulls arena earlier this week and found in possession of one pound of premium grade crystal methamphetamine.  

Valtr Bílý, a known fugitive from Czechia, is wanted in his homeland on numerous charges of drug manufacturing, trafficking, evasion of authorities, and murder.  At this time, he remains in the custody of Houston Police while an investigation is still ongoing.  It is still how unclear how the man made his way to Houston and authorities have not yet identified the nature of his business in the Bulls’ arena parking lot.  Furthermore, Czechia is calling for his immediate extradition.  

Since Bílý’s arrest, there has been a flurry of speculation surrounding Houston rookie goaltender, Ondrej Vencko, whose flight from Prague, via Frankfurt, landed mere hours before the arrest was made.  I’ve been covering this story since it broke and highlighted an interesting quote from Bulls’ assistant captain, Chris Reynolds Jr., in yesterday’s article.  

Vencko’s record fell to 0-0-2 last night as he surrendered 4 goals in an overtime loss to the Philadelphia Reapers.  It’s been a tough start that has only gotten worse.  

“Vencko has been looking jittery at team skates since joining the team.”  This was Bulls GM AJW today when asked about Vencko’s shaky start on the ice.  If what AJW says is true, perhaps there may be bigger problems for Vencko than his losing record.  

In a locker room scrum, rookie Nathan Ecker was asked about how management might be dealing with players who haven’t been attending practices.  He answered, citing league policy, “We’d have to keep ‘em for about 3 weeks before we can make any moves, so we’ll see.”

Overhearing this, Vencko chimed in, “Weed?! I would like to keep that!” He then proceeded to laugh, almost hysterically.  It’s a bad look for a man on a hot seat, and it’s clear that drugs are front of mind.  

I asked Vencko point blank if he was using drugs and he replied, “No drugs on my end. I swear.”  

Nearby, Trimeskez Artaz was not buying it, “Yeah, definitely not.”  There was clear sarcasm in his tone as he rolled his eyes. 

When I asked Vencko again whether he was under the influence of any substances, he answered, “Alcohol doesn’t count.  I’m Czech, it’s practically in my veins.”

“Sorry, just to clarify, what exactly is in your veins?” 

Vencko declined to comment.

“Do you think it’s healthy that you’re consuming alcohol at team practices?”

Vencko responded, sounding annoyed, “‘Kay, I’ll get sober.”

I pressed on, circling back to his previous choice of words.  Here, Vencko declined a second time to comment on implications of methamphetamine injection.  

When asked whether he was involved in any drug trafficking, he seemed defensive as he snapped, “What? You’re playing hockey and all of a sudden gonna break bad?”

“I don’t know, are you?” I asked, prodding for the truth.

At this point, Vencko ended the interview.  

If it’s not clear to you that something shady is going on, maybe you haven’t been paying attention.  The combination of Vencko’s strange comments, behaviour, losing record, intoxication, and flippant attitude towards drugs is raising all kinds of red flags.  

Hopefully management are looking into this situation internally so it doesn’t become something that compromises this Houston locker room.  

For now, this team still believes that they can compete for a Cup.  Whatever is going on with Vencko needs to become a thing of the past, and fast.

Notes:

- Credit Herald Benson with a bounce back performance.  He gave his team a chance to win in a rematch against the Marlins, but the result was the same on the scoreboard as the Bulls fell 2-1 for the second night in a row.  

- The Bulls also added another defensemen today, Benjamin Abenduct, who is expected to start on the second pairing alongside Lucy Leitner. 

- *Update* Benjamin Abenduct had 5 points in his first 2 games for the Bulls!  

Lauren Lambert for VHL.com

Edited by LucyXpher

• LucyXpher changed the title to Running With the Bulls: Valtr Bílý
2 minutes ago, Nathan_8 said:

as the agm of the Houston Bulls I fell required to say that we are launching a thorough investigation on this matter

Duly noted. 

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Always looking forward to another runnin with the bulls

Haha, thanks! I wasn't gonna post this one, but I had some spicy quotes and decided to send it

3 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

I asked Vencko point blank if he was using drugs and he replied, “No drugs on my end. I swear.”  

Nearby, Trimeskez Artaz was not buying it, “Yeah, definitely not.”  There was clear sarcasm in his tone as he rolled his eyes. 

When I asked Vencko again whether he was under the influence of any substances, he answered, “Alcohol doesn’t count.  I’m Czech, it’s practically in my veins.”

“Sorry, just to clarify, what exactly is in your veins?” 

Vencko declined to comment.

This got me cracking up hahahah

Your posts are always so well written and can be quite funny. always good to have a character like Vencko on a team until the antics go a little too far.

Houston seems like a fun team with a load of active and engaged players which makes articles coming from that organization a treat to read. I'm looking forward to more articles and more games against the Houston Bulls.

I look forward to your continued contributions to the forums for more enjoyable reads.

7 minutes ago, Noodle Enjoyer said:

Your posts are always so well written and can be quite funny. always good to have a character like Vencko on a team until the antics go a little too far.

Houston seems like a fun team with a load of active and engaged players which makes articles coming from that organization a treat to read. I'm looking forward to more articles and more games against the Houston Bulls.

I look forward to your continued contributions to the forums for more enjoyable reads.

Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking the time to read this!  I’ve been very lucky to to have such an amazing team to start on.  The stories practically write themselves lol

Edited by LucyXpher

Review

I enjoyed this media spot and I love how these quotes are real. LOL! Vencko hasn't been performing too well. Maybe there is outside influences... These posts are really funny and I enjoy reading them. The Houston Bulls are a great team to be a part of and I appreciate you writing these media spots. The writing quality is great and the story is very clear and easy to follow along with.