Houston Bulls week 1 stat report

Nathan_8

The Houston Bulls have gotten off to a somewhat shaky start in the first week of the VHLM season with a record of 4 wins 4 losses and 2 overtime losses for 10 points in 10 games played. In terms of points the lead is split between two players in LW - Chris Reynolds Jr with 7 goals and 8 assists, and D - Lucy Leitner with a mere 1 goal but an impressive 14 assists which is very impressive for both players to put up those kinds of numbers in just 10 games played, this puts them at 1.5 points per game and has them on pace for 108 points this season. For goals, the leaders are Chris Reynolds Jr and Trimiskez Artav with 7 goals each which would put them at 0.7 goals per game which puts them on pace for 50.4 goals this season, in the assists column the leader is Lucy Leitner with 14 assists which is 1.4 assists per game which would put her on pace for 100.8 assists this season which is an insane stat. The Bulls leader in plus minus is Lucy Leitner who has been absolutely killing it on both sides of the puck this season, truly a player who could make any team better instantaneously, and she is still improving her game. In terms of penalty minutes the leaders are Lucy Leitner and Barry McOckinner with them both having 12 penalty minutes which is 6 penalties' taken in only 10 games which is an unfortunate stat as Houston has not found their game on the penalty kill. On the physical side of the game, we have another tie in stats with Barry McOckiner and Cody Toland with them both having 28 hits which must be leaving the other team sore the night after they play Houston. In terms of making your shots count Nathan Ecker leads the way with a 21.74% shooting percentage but only 5 goals so maybe Ecker should consider shooting more as I would be sure he would be finding the back of the net more often. Continuing her great play on both sides of the puck Lucy Leitner is leading the way for blocked shots in Houston with 19 blocked shots which is putting her at almost 2 blocks a game which must be great for the goalies who should be buying her some luxurious meals from fancy restaurants. Speaking of goalies, the leader in save percentage for Houston is Herald Benson with a .9% save percentage. Both goalies are splitting the starts with 5 games played each but Ondrej Vencko has more points won for the team with 2 overtime losses and 1 regulation loss compared to Benson's 3 regulation losses. Ondrej Vencko leads the team in goals against average with a 3.33 in that stat column. In conclusion, even though the Houston Bulls have had an inconsistent start to the season their players have had a great start to the season it just seems as if the performances are not going in the way Houston would have liked them to go with many close games that have not been one. 

5 hours ago, Nathan_8 said:

Lucy Leitner is leading the way for blocked shots in Houston with 19 blocked shots which is putting her at almost 2 blocks a game which must be great for the goalies who should be buying her some luxurious meals from fancy restaurants. 

Hmm, that's a good idea! Let's get on that!

Awesome media spot!  It provides a highlight reel of all the relevant statistical information for the Bulls so far this season.  I especially appreciated the suggestion of a free, fancy meal.  I know my AGM's got my back!  I really liked the projections you mathed out for the season to contextualize the stats, that was a good bit of analysis, even if is still early in the season.  I think you were also quite balanced when being positive and critical about certain statistics, though maybe I should be taking a little more heat for all those PIMs.  If I could offer one piece of constructive feedback, I think this kind of article would really benefit from some paragraph breaks and formatting.  It's really a minor thing, but it can go a long way if done well, I think. 

All in all, a great writeup of the first week of action! Can't wait 'til the next!

8.5/10

Edited by LucyXpher

Review 9.5/10

Great article! was a super easy read and was quite enjoyable to read also! I like how you went through and showed off all the good players on the Houston Squad this season! I like how you added the point totals or their best stats and put what they are on pace for, that was a nice touch. The grammar was decent and I didn't notice spelling errors, so well done! If I were to add anything to improve on it would be to maybe indent a paragraph add some titles and separate the paragraphs a bit, so like talk about the forwards in one, D, and Goalie In the other. If I wanted to be picky I would say you could add a photo but all constructive criticism is related to visuals not the actual structure of the paragraphs! Keep writing media spots and I will be sure to check them out moving forward!