Time to type something up

ROOKIE745

It is I, the Rookie, struggling to come up with something for a media spot. While I do have stuff in the works for VSN subjects they are slow moving and compiling numbers can be brain numbing at times, it's something I need to be in the mood for and more often then not I'm not in said mood. I usually try to do it when I'm watching sports or esports as multitasking just feels like the way of life now. I do think it's why I struggle to find time to type stuff up, it's really hard for me to type up an article while watching something or even listening to something. The ideas and creativity either don't come or they do but it's at a very slow pace and it's take me forever. Combine that with more and more other things I'd prefer to do and it just becomes really difficult. Part of me is worried I came back a little to early despite taking two and a half seasons off, but I also think part of it is I just want to put more writing energy into none hockey related subjects. Video games is the most obvious and while I (or someone else for that matter) could have their player talk about said subject, I don't think it'd e fair and probably something you wouldn't get away with. It's an idea that's passed through my mind but I can't do it on the fact that it'd feel like cheating the system, I think it'd be really obvious too.

It does sadden me to see some people resort to AI, while I 100% understand the struggles of the grind and of week to week, month to month and even year to year is tiresome I do think your doing a disservice to yourself to resort to it. I get it, creativity isn't something we all do well, and even for those who are better at it we still get those days where nothing is coming to mind. Time constraints can also make using AI look appealing but I whole heartedly believe you should find the time to sit down and just come up with something, find a way to get those creative juices flowing, if nothings coming look at stats or careers or teams. Stuff that won't require as much creativity as you already have a ground work to work around. As much as I might struggle to get myself to sit down and talk about something VHL focused I still do it and enjoy it because it is flexing those muscles as it were. I am happy that there are systems in place against AI in place, I really don't have a problem with AI generated stuff as much as how it's used and abused. Now if the AI became sentient and started taking over the world then I'd have a problem with it.

Honestly I find being in the mood to type up something makes a big difference, I've written media spots that have taken me like 5 plus hours because I was struggling to motivate myself and come up with anything, and it's not a fun feeling either, to type that long and not even be that happy with what you put out. Vs on days/nights like now where I'm in the zone and type something up like this in about half an hour. Big difference, granted how many words your shooting for makes a difference too, in this case I only need 500 but in many other MS's my goal was always 2000 which even though that meant fours weeks of claims, I still found myself tired and stressed to type them up. It's always been more self imposed then anything though. Anyway thanks for once again listening to me ramble, chao for now.

(word count 640)

Edited by ROOKIE745