King Kisslinger interview

Kisslinger

King Kisslinger Interview

Justin Faulk Sport GIF by St. Louis Blues

King Kisslinger, a  promising young player who can do it all but is desperately struggling to get it going is having a very rough start to this season.  King Kisslinger has 25 games played and has registered 5 goals and 6 assists for 11 points this season. He has been super cold and unable to do much other than win some faceoffs. What could be the issue??? Is it off-the-ice problems, on-the-ice problems, or a mixture of both?? Today we will take a deep dive and ask King Kisslinger some hard-hitting questions to get to the bottom of this issue.

THE INTERVIEW

"We would like to welcome King Kisslinger and thank him for coming onto our show, We wanted to just jump right into the questions and see how you're feeling and what you're thinking regarding your on-ice performance. Do you think the recent moves that the general manager has made have affected your confidence and your point production this season?" 

"To answer your question truthfully, my confidence no, but my performance yes, Last season I was top line getting top-line powerplay minutes and now that is not the case, I love my new teammates and what they bring to the squad so I like the moves so I am not very stressed about my scoring on the stat sheet, as long as I am helping in my way such as winning faceoffs. I know I am the future 1C of this team and I don't mind taking a step back to learn from some of the veterans! Like I was saying my confidence is fine because Hockey is more than just appearing on the score sheet. There have been lots of very good players who do just fine not putting up a point per game. Just have to keep focused and keep working with my coaches on getting better."

"Is there a Player that has been working with you to try to help get you back in your groove?"

"Yeah, Anisimov and I have been working together every day off the ice and on the ice. It helps that we were drafted in the same draft and were both pretty well the solo stars of the team last season, so if anything he understands what I am feeling. If anything this has made me much closer with my team and the management because they are not giving up on me so I will never give up on them. My off-ice life has been great honestly, now it's just getting the wheels going on the ice" 

"Last question here, Do you feel like the team's performance has anything to do with how you are playing?"

"Maybe a little bit of course but in the grand scheme of things no, I don't think we are really in a position to compete and make an impact in the league this season, We have a fairly young team so it will take a little bit for us to get some experience and be able to play our game of hockey. We have a lot of work to do as a team so I wouldn't say it is on me 100%"

"This wraps up the interview, we would like to thank King Kisslinger for taking the time to answer these questions."

Great interview!  I liked the questions you asked and I thought you really captured the voice of your player in a realistic way.  He seemed to do well answering the questions with enough honesty and candor to be interesting, but not so much that he's giving up too much. I thought your media personality made sense as they were trying to make drama out of Kisslinger's struggles, while the player remained pretty even keeled about the whole thing.  Overall, it came across like a realistic interview and does well to draw intrigue to your player.  My only criticism is I wish the interview was longer, haha, but well done!

8.5/10

01/28/24

Edited by LucyXpher