Yermolai Slowly Adjusting

fonziGG

I have to say, Yermolai has been impressive these last few weeks. 17 goals, 25 assists and 42 points in 25 games has been a huge start to this season. Yermolai is only 3rd on the scoring charts in the VHLM after having an incredibly slow start to the season. Nabakov has been putting in the work heavily in the gym and has been coming to the practice facility early to get more acclimated with the North American ice. Yermolai has been on a scoring tear but he also loves to share the biscuit with his teammates so that everyone gets a little bit of love.

"My style of game is to play hard, strong and win the game. I have to score or pass to let teammate score is ok as long as we win the game. Back in Mother Russia, if I don't work harder then everyone, well theres another guy waiting to take my spot. Everyone hungry back home, I'm just the hungriest. There is saying.. He who doesn’t take risks doesn’t drink champagne. I'm willing to take risk. I'm willing to do everything for team. No stagnant here. I'm here for VHL championship. I take VHL Championship soon. You watch me."

Serious words coming from the Russian prodigy. He's been hungry I suppose, maybe we can get the guy a burger or something. The way he can dominate on the ice is impressive and I genuinely believe he's ready for the next step in the VHLE. I'd even argue he might be able to crack a VHL team soon. Who knows? He is a mentality monster after all. I'm super excited to see him get drafted this coming season as well, I'm curious who he goes to and how far he falls in the draft due to him and his agency being controversial. However, he has mentioned in the past that he would like to fall in the draft.

"I fall or I climb, either way... I am here to win games. I am here to win VHL Championship. In order to do that, you must take a bet on me. I hope no team drafts me so I can select where I go. I want to go to team that will win me championship. I want to win. Take me in 7th round, I don't care. If you are not taking seriously as GM, I don't stay. I will go and I will be ruthless about it."

It sounds like he's not the type of person who will hesitate at all about free agency. He knows what he wants and obviously Yermolai will thrive, the question becomes where? I can't see him going to many different European teams. I could see him in a team like LA, Seattle or Malmo. However, if the tide isn't right and they're not seriously competing, I can see him going elsewhere in order to win. I suppose he really wants to challenge for a title and win and honestly, I can see that being everyones end goal I just think he will be willing to rip the bandaid off.