All star theme week

Kisslinger

All-star ideas??

Toronto Maple Leafs Wow GIF by NHL

All-star Week is an event that is just for fun to celebrate the best of the best in the current season. Most of our major sports leagues have something like it such as the NBA, NHL, and NFL. I would like the VHL to bring something like this back. I know at one point in time we had events and an All-Star game but I feel like we could do something like this once again. I believe it to be something to look forward to and something we as a community can all do together and get involved!

I feel like having an All-star draft with the two best GMs (one from NA and one from EU) as the people that draft the roster, would have a pool of the best players during the current season from the leagues and it could be something we do in the discord where everyone can see. It would create a bit of community engagement. The NA GM can pick players from EU and vice versa. These GMs would have their rosters formed and the players would know what team they are repping. I know we would need some commitment from some of the people and I know life gets busy but this is just something a little extra to look forward to in the season and a way for people that doing super well to be recognized for their players hard work. If people cannot do the all-star game we could always make some substitutions. The community can get involved and vote for an all-star game/series MVP for a nice little touch.

I wouldn't mind the events coming back because it is fun to see, My old player was in an All-Star competition a long time ago and I still remember it to this day. This is something we can make a little history tab on. Hardest shot, fastest skater stuff like that would be nice to see back, and fun events to have. Imagine knowing your player had the hardest shot in the league, they are the fastest players in the league, all fun records to be proud of. I feel like this is probably easier to sim than the all-star game since it can be done by one person and is more likely to come back rather than the other idea but It would be cool to see happen. Maybe by next season, we will have something even just one thing back!

I feel like my last idea would be to do it in all leagues, not just the VHL, doing it in the M and the E gives newer players a chance to get a feel for it and it may even have a few new people stick around longer. I know that could be a long shot but it would be fun for them as well. Sometimes I feel like we forget about the M and the E but it would be super cool for sure. I am not for certain that these things have not happened in these leagues but I don't remember seeing them.