We're So Back

jacobcarson877

A blank slate! Jillian Woods marks new territory for me in the land of the defender! It was a bit of an impulse decision, with being entirely indecisive on a position, and I was going to wait a while to figure out what everyone else is doing, but there’ll be a ton of recreates doing a ton of different positions, I’m not worried. I’ll just have to be the best one! I figure that Gustav is right and I’ll probably outearn everyone anyways so it really will come down to putting myself in good situations and making the most of the build knowledge I have.

I’m excited to be heading back to San Diego, assuming they send me a contract! I’m hoping to be accompanied by at least 1 more big recreate, and we’ll fight tooth and nail to earn our spot. I wanted to make sure that nothing was just given to me given my history with the club and my earning reputation. The VHLM is for first-gens and they’ve earned the right to get the ice time they’ve worked for. At least for these last few games I want to support them in their mission. Next season can be about me!

I screwed up literally my first update which is funny, I accidentally claimed the wrong week, and secretly hoped someone would approve it without noticing before I revoked them. May as well be the best without accidentally cheating. I’ve got lots of words to write today, and I’ll earn lots of TPE over my career, nothing to worry about there.

You’ll be hearing more from me about who Jillian is, and what I hope she can become, but I’m hoping to break some of the standard molds the VHL has created, and while my hesitation for investing in large TPA D still stands for now, I hope to find a way to convince myself that there are ways that D can create excess value over equivalent forwards. See the London United for more details about my thoughts.

So far, there are a few players in the class, I know of 4 defenders so far that should all be pushing the limits of earning, a couple of really solid forwards including a new member of the Goncalves clan who should also be pushing for the Hall of Fame. No goalies yet, although the S93 class seems to be filled with a large quantity of those, time will tell which will make it.

I’m excited to see what happens in the drafts as well, really nice to actually join at a good time and not have a triple draft week. I get to uncover things a little more, and marinate a bit before getting tossed around. I hope to get a VHLM season and a VHLE season, assuming the VHLE survives that long. I’m in no hurry for 9 seasons, I just like to build my players too high to be doing that. I may try to do some fancy depreciation math to try to create a superbuild at the end, but that’s a year from now’s problem!

Article Review:  This is a fun article to read, a longer standing member heading back to the VHLM to help encourage and build up the new members yet at the same time knowing they are competing for a position on teams downstream.  The VHLE and VHL await and those teams will want superstars.  The fact that there are 5 people who have recreated D at the deadline and all have the potential to make and sustain high end players will make this one a unique situation.  My player is also in the mix being the expected new D addition referred to.  Time to see how everything turns out.  Great article, let's go Marlins.  I give this article a 9/10.