VSN Presents: S92 Weekly Predictions (Wk 5)

gaikoku-weeklyreview.jpg?ex=656b2076&is=

@leandrofg

Just a very quick review and prediction this week due to the short amount of time remaining in the regular season so I felt it was important to get this article out before the end of the season rather than after the season so no player stats included in this one and just a quick reasoning why my predictions have been made as they are. Short and sweat but expect another one as just after the season wraps up reviewing my final predictions and season predictions; which should also include player stats. 

NorthAmericanBanner.jpg.4a1111266e08c71cdd1ca6f20b809caf.jpg

Current Standings:

Standings                                        Record             Points                   Last Wk                          Prediction Last Wk                       

1.      :cal:  Calgary Wranglers             42-18-6           90pts               (7-5-2)                      🟰   1st North American Conference

2.     :la:   Los Angeles Stars             42-18-6           90pts                (9-4-2)                     🟰   2nd North American Conference

3.     :dcd:   D.C. Dragons                       37-22-7            81pts               (9-5-1)                      🟰   3rd North American Conference

4.     :tor:  Toronto Legion                    36-28-3           75pts               (11-4-0)                    🟰   4th North American Conference

5.     :nya:   New York Americans       30-30-6            66pts               (10-3-1)                    🟰  5th North American Conference

6.     :chi:  Chicago Phoenix                27-33-5            59pts               (3-9-2)                     🟰  6th North American Conference

7.      :que:  Vancouver Wolves            24-36-6            54pts               (7-6-2)                      🟰   7th North American Conference

8.     :sea:   Seattle Bears                      14-47-5            33pts               (2-11-1)                      🟰   8th North American Conference

Reason: I am a god!! No more seriously every team simple did as I really expected last week; okay that isn`t true as both New York and Toronto actually played better than expected as did most team in the conference but still end up basically as I predicted. Helps when the gaps between the teams are large enough to keep the status quo as well.

Next Week Predictions:

⬆️        1.     q3DUJNE.png

Easier schedule should see them play above five hundred hockey and do just enough to claim the North American Conference.

🔻       2.     H3evdlH.png

Feeling that Calgary might split the two-game series against Moscow, and London to finish the season so it might mean that the Wranglers struggle to finish the season on a winning note and fall to second in the Conference. It really could go either way as Calgary could easily win more than expected as can the Stars. Making this an interesting finish at the top of the Conference.

🟰      3.     0beFNki.png

Should win the majority of the six remaining games as the team sit comfortable in third six point up on Toronto.

🟰      4.     4rgbBt7.png

Could be a tough finish to the regular season but in the end, it won`t matter much as they enter the week knowing that they will play in the Wildcard round either facing New York or Chicago.

🟰      5.     tBGI8d5.png

Up seven points heading into the final week of the season so should be safe and will play Toronto in the wildcard round. It has been a huge turn around for the Americans in the last week going a rather impressive 10-3-1 to secure the wildcard spot.

🟰      6.     LZX5Px1.png

Likely will need to win the all the remaining games to make the playoffs or have New York trip over themselves. All that Chicago can due to continue to win and put pressure on the Americans to do likewise but I feel it is too much of a ask for the Phoenix so they will miss the playoffs.

🟰      7.     7NXO7mc.png

Still a lot to cheer about in Vancouver as Liv Slater is having an amazing season with 35 goals; tied for the most by a defender since the hybrid era started so the watch is on to see if she can set a new record as well as bring home a few hardware at the end of the season. Nice little boast for the team just before a new batch of players are set to join the roster next season. Morale is high in Vancouver even after a long tough season.

🟰      8.     sEkoclV.png

Lottery odd winners so now the fan base watches to see if they can land either the first or second overall pick and claim what should be one of the two franchise players at the top of the draft list. It should be an interesting off season in Seattle as the Bear continue to rebuild.  

EuropeanBanner.jpg.9bb1915671aa5fdf8f79ff5b461f7511.jpg

Reason: Helsinki effectively used Overtime and shootout victories to take what should have been a five hundred week and made it look a lot better than it really was posting an 11-1-2 record with their only out right loss actually coming today against Chicago with the two overtime losses coming at the hands of Moscow and Prague. Series against Prague was also a split series as I predicted but still favored Helsinki at 2-0-1 even though all games went to extras. Meanwhile London stubbled over Vancouver this week going 1-2-1 and had no answer for Malmo as they lost the two-game series by a combined 11-3 score. Riga and Warsaw as predicted.

Next Week Predictions:

:cheers:      1.     IpRHgQo.png

Victory Cup Champions now look to continue to have success in the play-off as they will face the winner of the Wildcard round between London United and Prague Phantoms. Will the Victory cup curse bit them in the arse? In about a week we should find out.

⬆️        2.     MXuqhUu.png

Very easy schedule over the last six games with half of the games against the Seattle Bears so should see Helsinki claim home ice advantage over Moscow Menace but it could be very close between these two teams but in the end does it really matter as they already know they are playing each other in the first round.

🔻        3.     8gziSIs.png

Will likely need to win out as Helsinki has a game in hand if Moscow want to claim home ice in the first round of the play-offs but the Menace need to get past Calgary in a two game set if that is going to happen.

🟰       4.     9RbN7xC.png

Tough schedule to finish up with Helsinki, Los Angeles and Calgary so I don`t see them gaining or losing anything in the final seven games.

🟰        5.     UjNmgBS.png

I am a bit concerned for this team based on recent history of missing the play-off in the final few days of the season as they did last season so entering the final week on a losing streak and facing the likes of Malmo, Toronto, D.C. and Los Angeles all teams in the play-off could set them up for a close finish to remain in the wildcard spot if they aren`t careful.

🟰        6.     7w9f2U9.png

Eight points back of the final Wildcard spot and a game in hand means Riga will make a run at the final spot but it feels really far-fetched since they would need to win six of the seven remaining games while Prague doesn`t collect a single win in their final six games.

🟰        7.     lWtQjX0.png

Tough finish to a disappointing regular season with Malmo and Moscow on the cards to finish out the season so unlikely to make up enough points to leap back ahead of Riga but I am sure they will try to finish the season strongly.

🟰        8.     orV41eH.png

It has been a lock for a while as Davos has finished second last in the league and should have good odds of picking 1st overall depending on the draft lottery as they also have Warsaw pick; which is also a lottery pick.  

That it for the first week review and next week’s predictions. As always tell me below in the comment section how poor my predictions are and I will make sure to read them. Either way until next week Keep the sticks on the ice and your heads up!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito