JST Steel Press Conference

Here is the first press conference for the S92 edition of the Steel for the Junior Showcase Tournament!

1. How did your season go in the VHLM this season, both as a player and as a team?

2. If you have a to do list, do you attack the hard stuff first, or do you ease into it and save the tough things for the end?

3. What is your player's biggest strength and weakness?

4. Which band is currently stuck in your head right now?

5. Is this your first player in the VHL? If so, how are you finding things so far? If not, how many players is this for you in the league?

6. Looking at your Steel teammates, who are you most excited to play with for this tournament?

13 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

Here is the first press conference for the S92 edition of the Steel for the Junior Showcase Tournament!

1. How did your season go in the VHLM this season, both as a player and as a team?

we are still in playoffs and i got 85 points!

2. If you have a to do list, do you attack the hard stuff first, or do you ease into it and save the tough things for the end?

tough stuff first obviously

biggest strength is my private jet to get from game to game, biggest weakness is the private jet because the normies care about the environment or whatever and @ me on twitter about it

the eagles obviously. not because of a t shirt though! that was just a myth.

5. Is this your first player in the VHL? If so, how are you finding things so far? If not, how many players is this for you in the league?

this is my second player, first was an all time reaper so i joined back with this one

6. Looking at your Steel teammates, who are you most excited to play with for this tournament?
jack dickens for sure... just sounds like a past taylor boyfriend fr fr

1)      The season went very well. I learned a lot and the team was awesome.

2)      Tackle hard stuff first cause if you are having issues, you can take a break do some easier stuff and then get back to it

3)      My player’s biggest strength is his defense, and his biggest weakness is his offense.

4)      Coldplay

5)      This is my first player in VHL. I am finding it interesting. I am trying to learn the rating system. The community is awesome though.

6)      Gul Dukat, Msouthworth got me into this league so I’m excited to play with him.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:59 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1. Overall as a rookie player, I'm content with how the season of my player went. The real shocker was the team that managed to pull itself from low in the standings to finish in a second round playoff before being taken out.

2. I usually try to mix harder task with simpler in-between. If you try to focus only on the harder task and become unmotivated then all the easier task ends-up incomplete. If you start only with easy then the harder task feels like a wall as soon as you start the first one.

3. Biggest strength, I'd say playmaking. Biggest weakness, consistancy.

4. I, currently, jump a lot between either Slipknot at the gym and Sabaton as my day-to-day listen.

5. Yes, it is my first player in the League. So far, I'm mostly liking it even though I don't manage to accomplish as much as I hoped for at the beginning with my schedule becoming completely full only a few days after joining.

6. I'm really looking up to re-uniting with Abenduct and Artav, but I'm mostly looking to know who my linemates are going to be and accomplish good results for the tournament this year.

Hey there, glad to be here!

Now, onto the questions!

- I think it went pretty well. We started from zero but built up a solid team. I think my personal development also showed, especially in the playoffs. We sadly fell in the second round, but.. I think we showed what we can do and that we even surprised some people. Overall, I am content with how things turned out.

- I try to make everything simple, as much as I can. Work smart, not hard, you could say. But I usually attack the tough and unpleasant things first, so that in the end, I have the more pleasant duties to complete.

- I think the biggest strength of Ondrej is his determination and his wild nature. However, I believe passion sometimes overthrows his mind, which makes him a bit hot-headed. Which, in the end, is his weakness.

- Uf, tough. I have a massive jukebox playing in my head every day. Probably Death, Nirvana or Slayer.

- Yep. This is my first season, the most rookie a rookie can be! And it is a blast, I could never recommend this forum enough! Love it here.

- I am curious about Taylor. I know that she and Zinek threw a couple of punches together, so I am thrilled to see them in action. But also my colleague in net, Austin Goulet III.. I am curious what this guy can pull off. This tournament is going to be so fun!

Thanks for having me here, it was amazing!

See you at the tournament!

-O

On 2/22/2024 at 11:59 AM, dstevensonjr said:

1. How did your season go in the VHLM this season, both as a player and as a team?  As a player I stunk, as a team we stunk a little less but didnt get as far as we had hoped.  Hopefully next season things will improve.

2. If you have a to do list, do you attack the hard stuff first, or do you ease into it and save the tough things for the end? Well geez, that is a toughy.  It really depends on the mood.  Sometime times I want to warm up on the easy stuff before tackling the hard stuff.  Sometimes I want to get the hard stuff done and coast the rest of the way.

3. What is your player's biggest strength and weakness? My players biggest strength is allowing the defender to get past be and score based off my +/-.  My biggest weakness is soft hands.  I would be a big disapointment in the Mighty Ducks movie.

4. Which band is currently stuck in your head right now? Two Steps From Hell.  I can never ever remember lyrics but I sure can remember a tune behind the lyrics.

5. Is this your first player in the VHL? If so, how are you finding things so far? If not, how many players is this for you in the league?  This is my first player in the league and it has been a blast.  I loved playing for Miami and Tetricide.  I hope one day I will be able to reunite with them if they would permit that.

6. Looking at your Steel teammates, who are you most excited to play with for this tournament? Benjamin Abenduct! That player is a beast and I can't wait to have them school me in the ways of defense.  Maybe I can pick up a thing or two and not be complete garbage this upcoming season.  20 Points in body checking, what an absolute waste of points. Ugh!!!

Welcome back Steel members! Here is a new presser for a new week!

1. Were you happy with your performance in the first run of the tournament before the reset?

2. What's the weather like where you are today? Feels like spring for me.

3. After sitting at the top of the standings in the first version of the tournament, we are mid-pack in the new version. What changed, and what do we need to improve on to get back to the top?

4. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?

5. With the VHL and VHLE drafts coming up in the next week, are you looking forward to both, and is there anyone you're hoping to get drafted by?

6. Which NHL team that is currently out of a playoff spot will make it into the playoffs this season?

2 minutes ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. Were you happy with your performance in the first run of the tournament before the reset?  Oh yea, we were doing so good they have to "lose" the file and start over because they were so threatened by us.

2. What's the weather like where you are today? Feels like spring for me.  I live in Florida, its finally summer, and I missed it!! The cold was fun but I am tired of it.

3. After sitting at the top of the standings in the first version of the tournament, we are mid-pack in the new version. What changed, and what do we need to improve on to get back to the top? Honestly, I havent paid attention to that in detail.  We just need to score more goals and allow less than the opposing teams.  Keep it Simple Stupid

4. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? My house, no better place and no place has what I have to keep me happy.

5. With the VHL and VHLE drafts coming up in the next week, are you looking forward to both, and is there anyone you're hoping to get drafted by? I am indifferent but now that Tet has been promoted I would love to get drafted by him.  That of course if I haven't annoyed him to stay away from me! I also wouldn't mind Sam since she recruited me.

6. Which NHL team that is currently out of a playoff spot will make it into the playoffs this season? Tampa Bay Lightning, oh yea, they aren't out of the playoff spot yet, but they will be.  If Kucherov can heat up I am sure he will drag this team to the playoffs kicking and screaming.  If not, then well we have two cups and 3 cup appearances in the past 5 years so I am good.

1)      I was happy with my performance before and after reset.

2)      It’s in the mid 50s here in Massachusetts. Was outside with no coat.

3)      Just need to have good teamwork and a positive attitude.

4)      I’m not a big vacation person.

5)      I’m nervous/excited for both drafts. I am glad to be on any team that drafts me.

6)      I don’t really follow NHL that much, so I cannot answer this.

Edited by Schnee

On 3/4/2024 at 2:11 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1. Were you happy with your performance in the first run of the tournament before the reset?

yeah i scored a lot of goals but 2nd go aint that bad either.

2. What's the weather like where you are today? Feels like spring for me.

cold and rainy. need a heat wave to make things right

3. After sitting at the top of the standings in the first version of the tournament, we are mid-pack in the new version. What changed, and what do we need to improve on to get back to the top?

we used all of our energy go 1 and proved we the best. saving it fir the 2nd

4. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?

wherever tom wilson is at

5. With the VHL and VHLE drafts coming up in the next week, are you looking forward to both, and is there anyone you're hoping to get drafted by?

mainly looking at the VHLM draft currently since thats the very next destination

6. Which NHL team that is currently out of a playoff spot will make it into the playoffs this season?
Caps bc of tom wilson obviously!!!!