Las Vegas Enters Rebuild in Worst Way Possible

McLovin

Las Vegas Enters Rebuild in Worst Way Possible

(Full disclosure, this is just gonna be a GM vent because I have not properly expressed my disappointment with how the playoffs went yet, so I figured write a media spot and then forget about it LOL)

The Las Vegas Aces have lost, getting swept by the Philadelphia Reapers in the Founder's Cup Final. After being projected to be one of, if not, THE favorites to win the Cup, it's safe to say this was a very, very disappointing season for the Aces. This loss stings harder for a multitude of reasons, and we'll get into why shortly, but nobody ever likes getting swept in the playoffs, especially after how well the rest of the playoffs went for the Aces. Dominating performances by Elle Aura Ashe and Piston Maicupp helped keep the Aces dominate in the first two rounds, while point per game paces maintained by Captain Caesar Monterrey, Stinky, and Bric Sheithaus helped compliment the lethal offense in always putting up a high number of goals. My fear from the very beginning of the season however, was goaltending. Both in our own net, as well as the opponents. My fear was that if we got stopped by a brick wall, and weren't able to outscore the other team, that our defense would surrender games easier and the series would become far more competitive. That's exactly what happened against Philadelphia, and facing off against Piffers Jorgen Lovstrom between the pipes. We were just absolutely shut down and there was nothing I could've done to prevent it, it seems.

The biggest reason why this loss stings isn't necessarily the loss itself, but what it means for the team moving forward. This was this groups last shot at a Cup, after working our asses off for this over the last 3 seasons and at LEAST half a year IRL. Most of the people on my team are either close friends or family that I know in person, so I know it sucked for them just as hard as it did me to have your final shot at a Founder's Cup go out in a whimper instead of a blaze of glory. It isn't the ending we wanted, and to say that I definitely didn't feel a bit sad even after reading the results of Games 3 & 4 would be an understatement. To my players reading, I apologize if I let you and the team down. We gave it our all, and I am still very proud of what we managed to do. I wish all my players, friends and family, moving onto Europe or retiring from the VHL entirely after this loss the best, and hope to have you guys on the Aces again for another deep run one of these days. Until that happens, however, we're gonna enter a harsh rebuild and try to retool and recoup from the loss, and move on with our careers in the best ways possible. Thank you for reading, fellas! ❤️