London United Press Conferences

Crashing your PC

1. def not creating something since I have zero clue how to do graphics. Do love the free TPE tho

2. not too bad.  We’ve struggled in Vancouver er a bit as we’re still young.  Ninefingers is starting to beat up a bit which is nice.  

3. Jesse Teno for sure.   Legend

4. I think so.  Y’all are beasts.  Just don’t beat Vancouver.  

5. more fighting

6. my grandfather 

9 hours ago, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/14/24

Answer 6, get 2 TPE. Answer 3, get 1 TPE

1. The Theme Week this season is Rebrand. Are you creating for it? What do you think of the subject?

2. TDL is next week which means we're more than halfway through the season. How are you feeling?

3. With TDL coming up, whose recreate are you looking forward to seeing?

4. We've got a 4 game win streak going. Think we can make it 5 or 6 tonight?

5. What do you think is one improvement the VHL still needs to make?

6. If you could spend 24 hours with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?

1. i havent been here very long but i dont mind a good rebrand or touch up to an old brand, i won't be creating for it though

2. i'm in the E and im feeling good though even thouhg i was technically already traded

3. i honestly don't know who is recreating right now

4. of course, i hear we are the best

5. might just be me but i feel like it is a bit hard to navigate the site and that the M especially being empty at times can turn new users off

6. easily myself, im a pretty big loner i would use it to not have to be around people for a break

On 4/9/2024 at 4:43 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/14/24

1. The Theme Week this season is Rebrand. Are you creating for it? What do you think of the subject?

2. TDL is next week which means we're more than halfway through the season. How are you feeling?

3. With TDL coming up, whose recreate are you looking forward to seeing?

4. We've got a 4 game win streak going. Think we can make it 5 or 6 tonight?

5. What do you think is one improvement the VHL still needs to make?

6. If you could spend 24 hours with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?

1. Yup, already done. It's a good idea, maybe we'll see some teams changing their names soon?

2. Confident, probably the best word to describe it. We're unstoppable.

3. I rarely follow peoples' careers. I guess I was the most curious about Frank's recreate, but he recreated in the offseason.

4. Did we? I'm not sure now how it went haha 

5. The player age just bugs me. Either get rid of it, or make the players age.

6. Honestly, the person I enjoy spending time with is myself. I'd just take 24h off by myself, without a phone, somewhere away from others.

For week ending 4/21/24

1. Only about a weeks worth of games left. How are you feeling about this backend of the season?

2. How are you feeling about our place in the standings?

3. Do you do trivia? Why or why not?

4. How's your NHL or local hockey team doing this year? Are they making into their respective post seasons?

5. If you could see any two teams meet in the NHL Stanley Cup Final, who would it be?

6. What is your favorite movie of all time?

On 4/16/2024 at 11:29 AM, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/21/24

1. Only about a weeks worth of games left. How are you feeling about this backend of the season?

4. How's your NHL or local hockey team doing this year? Are they making into their respective post seasons?

5. If you could see any two teams meet in the NHL Stanley Cup Final, who would it be?

1. im feeling very good about my season, doing good but im in the E rn

2. London top 3 overall sounds insane, i feel you are very good

3. i do not, i simply have not been here long enough to know the answers or where to find them and im to lazy to find out

4. until the last 3 games of the season the leafs were doing great and will be making the postseason but rn they kinda worrying me.

5. i think EDM vs TOR would be cool, battle of the current gen ovi/crosby

6. the closest i would put to this is likely gladiator, lotr retrun of the king or monty python quest for the holy grail. i couldnt choose between them

On 4/16/2024 at 5:29 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/21/24

1. 7 games left now, because I need the stress of having to do it now to actually do it lol. We've already done it, no reason to stress about it, let's start switching our brains to the postseason mode.

2. 2nd in EU, I'd prefer it to winning it honestly, the pressure is higher when you're the clear-cut favorite.

3. Yes, I think out of habit at this point. They're a fun way to learn bits of unimportant history of the game. At least when they're not infuriating.

4. Don't ask. I was shouting at the Wild to fold it when they were 6th worst team in the league, but nope. This is not a championship caliber team, we're building for the 2025/26 season. Even if we made the playoffs this season, it would be a first round exit. Once again, not good enough to compete, but not bad enough to have a reasonable chance of drafting a potentialy franchise changing player. I hate being a Wild fan.

5. Dallas and Florida. Damn, I'd love this matchup so much!

6. It has to be one of the Lord of the Rings movies. Extended cuts, I mean. That's the default for me. Honestly...the most underrated one, the Two Towers.

For week ending 4/28/24

1. We're finally in playoff season! How are you feeling?

2. What did you player do after that final win of the regular season?

3. What is your player doing to prepare for the playoffs?

4. Who do you think is going to make it to the finals?

5. What do you think our odds are of getting to the finals?

6. Other than London, what other team would you root for to win it all?

7 hours ago, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/28/24

1. Feeling confident we've got a very strong squad top to bottom and a cracking goalie in net.

2. Ate beans on toast, you know how we brits are.

3. Eating beans on toast, it's the only logical thing to do.

4. London of course, and on the other side of the bracket I imagine we will be facing Seattle.

5. Solid 80% chance, I think we're the best team in EU conference so we've just got to show it now.

6. Well, Calgary would be my choice but unfortunately they are not making the post season, so no one.

15 hours ago, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/28/24

1. Pumped, excited for the playoffs, but mad we have to just sit and do idle animations while waiting for the Wild Card round to end.

2. Drank copious amount of beer, you know how we czechs are.

3. Drinking copious amount of beer, it's the only logical thing to do.

4. Us, of course, ans Chicago, they will go down to start the Wild Card round, but will rise from the ashes and go all the way to the finals.

5. We're the best team on the East side of the pond, but we know how Simon is. I'd give us a 2/3 chance.

6. I'd love to say Prague, but the only way for them to win it goes through us in the 1st, no way I'm rooting for a team that eliminates us in the 1st. Vancouver is not in the playoffs, so honestly, I don't care as long as it's not Seattle.

For week ending 5/5/24

1. We made it past the first round! How is your player celebrating?

2. What do you think of your player's performance so far in the post-season?

3. Has your player developed any new superstitions?

4. What do you think our odds are against Moscow?

5. If we make it past Moscow, who would you like to face in the finals?

6. McDonalds, Wendy's, or Burger King?

12 minutes ago, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/5/24

1. Eating beans on toast. Classic.

2. Okay, I'm -2+/- currently which isn't good enough I really need to step up my game in the next round of the play offs.

3. I think it may be eating beans of toast before and after every game.

4. We are winning Moscow are young, we are far more experienced.

5. DC would be an interesting rematch!

6. McDonalds, as someone that use to work there!

On 5/1/2024 at 5:09 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/5/24

1. Yea we did, also past the second one! He didn't really celebrate, it was just the first round, and no one is putting your name on the cup for winning one round. He's using the time off before the finals to celebrate tho, he's currently in Vancouver celebrating Frank's birthday.

2. I can't be happier. But if I had to nitpick, I'd say he could win a few more faceoffs.

3. He's no longer carb loading with Bernard lager before the finals, he had somq Svijany lager shipped to London this time.

4. Of course I believed we would win, but I certainly wasn't expecting a sweep, more like 6 games.

5. I'm torn. On one hand, I don't want Seattle to get to the finals. On the other hand, I'd enjoy beating Seattle in the finals so much...coin flip, I guess.

6. There's no Wendy's in Czechia (is there even Wendy's in Europe?) and I've never been to Burger King. Considering I don't really like McDonald's, it's...rolls a die...Wendy's!

For week ending 5/12/24

1. Game 7. How are we feeling about our performance?

2. Are you planning to stick around with London through the rebuild? Or are you looking to check out greener pastures?

3. What do you think your player could have done differently in Game 7?

4. Any fun plans for the off season?

5. If you could bring in any goalie to take Teno's place, who would it be?

6. Are you on or off the London relocation wagon?

Just now, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/12/24

2. Are you planning to stick around with London through the rebuild? Or are you looking to check out greener pastures?

1. Just wasn't good enough, -1 wasn't good in the FO circle got a lot to reflect on and need to improve my game going into next season!

2. Unconfirmed, I'm happy to stay with London, we need a good replacement for Teno though and I'm not sure how easy that is going to be, we lost a legend.

3. Literally, win face offs. Help score, Sjin sucked. It's hard to say otherwise. I let the franchise down.

4. EXAMS! DONT REMIND ME!

5. Probably Lachlan Summers they've been really good, and also a SDM alumni :) Merome Dilson would also be a strong pick.

6. DO NOT RELOCATE! I WILL LEAVE THE VHL IF THEY DO!

On 5/10/2024 at 8:32 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/12/24

1. We let a series lead slip and eventually let Seattle take it. I'm not happy about it. We needed to do better, we lacked that "killer instinct" to wrap it up when we were up 3-2.

2. It's my last season. I'm not gonna ask to be traded, or initiate any trade talks. But if we manage to secure a starting goaltender, I don't think a rebuild is happening in S94. If we don't, I'm probably moved and that's a part of the business.

3. Kerr was actually great on the faceoffs, which had been a flaw in his game prior. But he only shot at the net 5 times, which was below his standard, and didn't score a single goal. League's leading scorer can not disappear in such a moment.

4. I guess I'll try beans on toast. Also I'll probably book an appointment with a geriatrician for Kerr.

5. How great it would be if @kirbithan and their Lachlan Summers joined us fellow S86ers in our last run? One HOF goalie after another.

6. London is too crowded, I'm on the train!

On 5/10/2024 at 2:32 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/12/24

1. Game 7. How are we feeling about our performance? I (was) feeling great about how we did. It's great to be here and to go this far regardless of expectations. Unfortunately this was written after Game 7, nonetheless it's still a great season

2. Are you planning to stick around with London through the rebuild? Or are you looking to check out greener pastures? One season left I don't feel like leaving unless I absolutely have to

3. What do you think your player could have done differently in Game 7? Considering I was averaging 5 TPE gained every 2 weeks this season I think Dover was a great playmaker this postseason, however could have been better as shooting

4. Any fun plans for the off season? I've been working like no tomorrow irl so maybe getting back into updating weekly if I have time

5. If you could bring in any goalie to take Teno's place, who would it be? Unanimous decision seems to be Lachlan Summers. Would be a good choice if I say so myself

6. Are you on or off the London relocation wagon? I don't have an opinion on this I just play here

For week ending 5/19/24

1. Whole bunch of moves this off season including some new teammates. How are you feeling about the shuffle?

2. If you could bring one player to London (no limits) who would it be?

3. Do you think we have one more good season in us before the true rebuild begins?

4. If Jacob were to leave his GM position to one United member, who do you think it would be?

5. What do you think is going to be our biggest struggle this upcoming season?

6. Riddle: When is a door not a door?

On 5/14/2024 at 7:55 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/19/24

1. Whole bunch of moves this off season including some new teammates. How are you feeling about the shuffle?

3. Do you think we have one more good season in us before the true rebuild begins?

4. If Jacob were to leave his GM position to one United member, who do you think it would be?

1.  The team is looking awesome!  I'd say basically everything has been improved on offense.  Hopefully we can grab a big Dman and as much as I like Dilson, they are no Teno but they will still be an amazing goalie to have!

2.  Liv Slater!  My wife would be a wonderful addition especially because she is a top Dman!  Been stuck in Vancouver, caged by Frank lol

3.  Absolutely!  With the pieces Jacob added we are heading to the playoffs again for sure.  I want a taste of the finals one last time!

4.  You!  Aimkin all the way! Lol I suspect Sjin would take it if offered but with Ricer in the LR now we know who the successor would likely be.

5.  While AGMing in Helsinki it felt like Simon had limited capacity for great goalies.  Rask went from very good the season before to not great with a flick of that slider.  The separation between the best goalies and everyone else was significant.  Hopefully Dilson is chosen lol they deserve it!

6.  When it's open?  I don't know lol I feel like the main function of a door is to be closed, keep things out or in but if it's open, it might as well just be a hole in the wall.

On 5/15/2024 at 3:55 AM, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/19/24

1.  Absolutely love it! bought in my boy KEEEGS!

2. Well, I would've said Keegs and VLG but Jacob only went a did it! Now I would have to say an elite defenceman like Janser

3. Yeah we got it we're looking very strong! Lets see how we do :D

4. Would have to be Aimkim or Triller, or perhaps myself, being a UK boy though. I don't think I'll be GMing for much longer.

5. Defence? I'm not really sure, we have Dilson now but I'm not sure he's going to be up to Tenos standardss haha

6. A door is not a door when it's a tin of beans.

On 5/15/2024 at 4:55 AM, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/19/24

1. I love the addition of Dilson. I haven't really had much time to interact with the newcommers, and I haven't seen them on the ice in our jersey, we'll see 

2. No limits? Logan Ninefingers then, your next franchise player after Triller, and Scurvy is one of the best LR people around 

3. Hell yeah, we're going for it this season!

4. I don't think they'd apply for it themselves, but I think Triller would be a sneaky good GM.

5. As of now, it looks like defense. But that's what everyone was saying last season as well, and we got to the finals.

6. I always take riddles too literally lol, so idk, when it's open?

On 5/14/2024 at 8:55 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 5/19/24

1. I was one of those moves!! So I’m super happy to be apart of Londons organization, I’ve noticed they’ve made a lot of moves so I’m exicted to see how we do!

2. Well anyone I’d want to bring is already here! So I’m just going to go off what everyone else is saying and say an elite defence man 

3. I think so, we really stacked up for this year so hoping to make it a good run before the rebuild

4. Sijn, although he is Colognes GM, he is an amazing GM and just person. He’s really good at keeping people involved and great to talk to

5. Looks like it may be our defense, so could be nice to grab some defensive help

6. A door is not a door when it is not a door, if a door is a door then it is indeed a door but if it is not a door than it is not a door! 
(I have no clue and I’m just making stuff up)