London United Press Conferences

Hello and welcome to the off season! I will be your new PC host and I hope we can keep making these interesting.

You all know the rules: Answer 6, get 2 TPE. Answer 3, get 1 TPE. Let's go!

1. Welcome to the off season. If you got hit with depreciation, were you able to bring yourself back up? If you didn't depreciate, are you saving up yet in anticipation of it?

2. How did your player react when they got back to the locker room after Game 7?

3. What is your player planning on doing in the off season to prep for the next?

4. We've lost a few to retirement and may lose some to FA. If you could bring any player to London from any other team, who would it be and why?

5. As of right now, London only has 2 final round picks including the last pick. Who do you think London should go for when the dust has settled and the top players are taken?

6. If you could bring back any 1 retired player (from any season) to play with London, who would it be and why?

15 hours ago, aimkin said:

Hello and welcome to the off season! I will be your new PC host and I hope we can keep making these interesting.

1. Welcome to the off season. If you got hit with depreciation, were you able to bring yourself back up? If you didn't depreciate, are you saving up yet in anticipation of it?

2. How did your player react when they got back to the locker room after Game 7?

3. What is your player planning on doing in the off season to prep for the next?

4. We've lost a few to retirement and may lose some to FA. If you could bring any player to London from any other team, who would it be and why?

5. As of right now, London only has 2 final round picks including the last pick. Who do you think London should go for when the dust has settled and the top players are taken?

6. If you could bring back any 1 retired player (from any season) to play with London, who would it be and why?

1. Yes, I even made Kerr better. My build last 2 seasons was 1168 TPA, my S93 build is 1191 TPA. A bit less physical - though probably still the toughest forward on the team - but more skilled.

2. Let's say it's a good thing he's the only Czech player on the team, because of the language he was using 

3. He's mostly focusing on power skating and stickhandling drills this offseason. He's also traveling to Tibet to try to learn discipline from the monks there, the penalties caused by his short fuse cost the team too much.

4. We would benefit from having a high end puck moving defender, I believe. Someone like Liv Slater? I believe her and Triller could find some chemistry haha.

5. I am not keeping up with the prospects to be honest, I have no idea.

6. Daniel Janser, he was The top player when I joined. Kerr playing behind Janser would be insane center core.

On 3/5/2024 at 10:12 AM, aimkin said:

1. I didn't depreciate this offseason and I'm not saving for it either. I don't think it will be much of an issue for my player.
2. Silence. An eerie silence that would continue deep into the offseason.
3. There wasn't much time having played to Game 7 of the championship. What time we do have will be spent in recovery.
4. Wayne Gretzky. Who doesn't want to play hockey with Wayne Gretzky? Come on now.. 
5. The most consistent earners on the board. It's pretty slim pickings by that point.
6. Molly the Cat. A London legend who deserves another run at the cup! Molly! Molly! Molly!

On 3/5/2024 at 7:12 AM, aimkin said:

1.  I got hit and managed to cover it with saved TPE!  Not that I've realized that I only have 2 more season left I am able to apply even more TPE and hopefully be a beast this season and maybe even next for my, "ride off in to the sunset" season.

2.  Sadness for sure.  No one wants to end a season that way especially when one of the big guys in Molly the Cat are retiring.  After some reflection, it was about congratulating Molly on the career they've had and being happy for how much the team accomplished despite no one on the outside believing we could make it very far.  Still love being on this team!

3.  Hardcore training!  We may only have one more season to compete so Leonard needs to go all in!  Not sure what is in store after this season so he wants to do everything he can for the team.

4.  I would bring Liv Slater to the team!  Would be fun being on the same team as my wife but also to benefit from Slater's play rather than being the victim of it.  The bragging wouldn't stop at home but at least it would be for the good of THIS team lol

5.  I've been interviewing for Helsinki and there are some players who will be late picks but just haven't been able to learn how point tasks work.  I've had maybe 5 or 6 so far that needed a full rundown of the system that will likely get passed over and may pick up their game significantly once they find their groove!  No guarantee they will make it but they would be better picks than some!

6.  Molly the Cat!  lol Leonard has developed good chemistry with Molly and it would be awesome to have them for this last run!  I'm not sure who Leonard is without Molly so this season will be very interesting.

On 3/5/2024 at 3:12 PM, aimkin said:

1. Sjin doesnt have to depreciate, so no concerns here just getting stronger and stronger.

2. Broke his stick in half wasn't a pretty sight not been that enraged in a while.

3. practice his 2 way game, offence comes from defence!

4. My choice of players would be Fradin, VLG or Keegan Gamble

5. Honestly no idea we don't have many picks but I'm sure GM jacob will find a gem in the rough

6. Daniel Janser that guy was on a different level!

Welcome back! This is for the week ending 3/17/2024.

1. Training camp has opened. Did you click the button??? And how does it feel to officially roll into S93?

2. How do you think your TPE earning will be compared to last season?

3. What do you think you're going to focus your TPE into this season?

4.What do you think of the new team that Jacob has pulled together?

5. What did you think of Jacob's draft picks?

6. Is a hotdog a sandwich? Why or why not?

1 minute ago, aimkin said:

1. Training camp has opened. Did you click the button??? And how does it feel to officially roll into S93?

1. I didn't get a button this season :(
2. Well, I have less career tasks, but I can't imagine I'll be going anywhere, I've got 4 more weeks of PTs stashed from the VHL Draft stream, so that should keep me going for a while!
3. Nothing :( at the VHLM cap. But I'll be looking to increase my DF, PH and SK primarily in the VHLE as I put off the decision on whether to pass or not (I am a passing hater).
4. I hope we can grab 1 more top forward somewhere, and maybe scrounge up a backup, but considering the options I had, and my disdain for trading leading into a rebuild (spoiler!), I'm happy enough.
5. I was super stoked to grab 2 of the players that were near the top of my list all the way in the 4th round. Usually something wacky happens but I was hoping a couple players would make it, and they both did!
6. Yes, because everything is a sandwich, a soup or a salad, and its certainly not a soup or a salad. No additional comment.

3 hours ago, aimkin said:

1. "The button has been clicked. It feels... weird. This will be my final season in the VHL and after being near seconds away from winning the cup... I feel like my work here isn't done. So I hope to go out in a blaze of glory... and hopefully win the cup one day. I won't rest until it happens."
2. "I hope to stay consistent with gaining weekly TPE. Regression from injuries has absolutely taken a toll on my attributes but luckily London has helped me condition myself to perform well and keep me at my best."
3. "Truly, I'm focusing on regaining my TPE into what I previously lost from regression. Keep me at a steady pace for my final season."
4. "The team is a solid contender, we show a lot of heart and that's our fuel for winning. I loved that talented underdog mentality."
5. "We did great in the draft, getting that depth is needed. Hell it can make things interested in the future, I never played a VHL game for the team that drafted me. Ya never know what can happen."
6. "It's not a sandwich because the bun is just one piece of bread. Sandwich should be two pieces of bread, like if something was sandwiched together. It's between two things."

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

1. Yup! I'm feeling pretty good going into S93. I like our odds.
2. It will be almost identical to last season if not slightly better.
3. I'm at a point where I feel fairly well rounded. I need a little bit more scoring and defense.
4. I'm confident in this seasons lineup. A nice mix of London veterans and some new faces.
5. He did the best he could. I think we'll have to wait and see how they develop over time.
6. I think it might be a sandwich on a technical level like how tomatoes, cucumbers, and pumpkins are really fruits. I don't call it a hotdog sandwich though.

On 3/11/2024 at 7:38 PM, aimkin said:

1. of course! Love that 10 uncapped every season. Excited we've got a good roster this season lets see how things play out of us all!

2. Probably more of the same, I'll likely be claiming welfare but I'll try to do more press conferences and trivia, and the job pay always helps

3. Well I want to get my DF up to 90, so that firstly, but also if I am going to be playing in the middle I think it's quite important I improve my face offs.

4. Quite happy! we lost a few guys so was unsure how things were going to look, next season will be brutal though seeing as our star goalie will be hanging up the skates.

5. It's early to say but Jacob always finds the gems so hopefully we''ll be seeing them in the London locker room soon enough.

6. It is a sandwich obviously, it's a sausage in bread 

On 3/11/2024 at 8:38 PM, aimkin said:

1. Of course! Free uncapped TPE? Sign me the F up! Straight in my veins!

2. I will try to do my best to keep max earning, but my PC has died, so I can't do graphics. And there's only so much I can write about. So I'm afraid I'm gonna miss a few PTs, but 10 capped is always guaranteed.

3. Honestly, that's gonna depend on Jacob's plan come trade deadline. My plan is to bank everything to fight depreciation, but if Jacob decides this season we're going all in and our windows closes after Teno retires, I'll probably apply it all and make peace with Kerr being mediocre in his last season .

4. The core remains mostly the same as the one that got us to game 7 of the finals, sans Molly. What's not to like?

5. To be honest, I didn't follow the draft at all, I have no idea.

6. No, it's fu*ken hot dog! You don't take two pieces of bread and put stuff between them to make a hot dog, so it's not a sandwich!

For week ending 3/24

Answer 6, get 2 TPE. Answer 3, get 1 TPE.

1. The new season is almost upon us! How are you feeling about your build for the first sim?

2. We picked up a backup goalie! How do you think he'll fair compared to our old beloved GOAT Bot?

3. Are you participating in VHFL or Super Coach? Why or why not?

4. Gustav has been booted as AGM and now that role falls on me. Tell me why this was Jacob's best decision ever. 😃 /s

5. Out of writing, podcasts, and graphics, which one do you enjoy doing more? Which one do you enjoy checking out other's work for? 

6. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

4 hours ago, aimkin said:

For week ending 3/24

1. The new season is almost upon us! How are you feeling about your build for the first sim?

2. We picked up a backup goalie! How do you think he'll fair compared to our old beloved GOAT Bot?

4. Gustav has been booted as AGM and now that role falls on me. Tell me why this was Jacob's best decision ever. 😃 /s

5. Out of writing, podcasts, and graphics, which one do you enjoy doing more? Which one do you enjoy checking out other's work for? 

1. Really happy upgrading a few key attributes and my player should have a breakout seasons if all things go to plan!
2. The bot is so scary sometimes I'm happy we've got a back up can't do us any harm!

3. I'm participating in both of them they don't take up much time can be quite enjoyable so it's all just free TPE at the end of the day!

4. I think that's a fantastic decision valuable member of the team and hope you continue on the backend of things even once you're retired :)

5. I honestly don't particularly enjoy any of them, sometimes making graphics but it massively depends it does often feel like a chore, and really depends what else is going on at the time.

6. at least 4.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:21 AM, aimkin said:

For week ending 3/24

1. I'm feeling good about my build. Not a high TPE player but I can still play my role and protect our zone.
2. We've been using the bot for a few seasons now. It's refreshing to have a player back there. 100% confidence.
3. I'm am not. I have found a comfortable spot for earning but those events are fun. Maybe I should reconsider?
4. I don't remember Gustav being a very active AGM. Aimkin is best goalie and AGM!
5. I enjoy writing more than anything else. I've always enjoyed it. As for other peoples work I like to check out the graphics.
6. A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

On 3/19/2024 at 3:21 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 3/24

1. Kerr with the new build was the best player at the WC, I'm really excited to see how well he'll do in the 72-game season. Don't want to jinx it, but maybe a career year?

2. It was time to move from the bot. They'll surely be missed on and especially off the ice, but that's just business.

3. Yup, both. Uncapped TPE for minimal effort? Sign me up!

4. Because you're a heart and soul United, you need someone like that in the AGM position to keep everyone excited!

5. I mostly like to do graphics, even though I'm not particularly good at it, and I like to check out others' graphics - they fill me with envy haha. But maybe I'll grow some confidence in my english and do a podcast one day, it's on my to do list!

6. Yes.

On 3/19/2024 at 7:21 AM, aimkin said:

For week ending 3/24

1.  My build is a bloated as ever lol I am a bit nervous that with all the additional points added that my player will have less of a predictable role and may cause problems when it comes to line mate chemistry.  We shall see!

2.  Bezos better do better that Goat Bot!  I'm not sure what the Bot goalies TPA is but Bezos must be better.

3.  I am in both!  Group GM in VHFL so I get that extra 1 TPE!  I don't think I will do very good in either this season.  So many question marks and so many players that can do well.  Not much separation between the top and bottom it seems.

4.  Teno is in their last season and the London LR wouldn't be the same without you so the only way to keep you around now is the AGM role!  Jacob needs a GM of the season for this decision alone!

5.  I am a graphics guy for sure but I did manage one podcast episode with Subject and that was fun!  I made it more work than it needed to be and finding time to do another has become very difficult.  I love listening to podcasts just to hear what people sound like lol but because I don't write much, reading what everyone puts out is my favorite.

6.  If a wood chuck could chuck wood it would be the best wood chucker out there!  I mean, with a name like that you'd be obligated to be at least be in the top ten wood chuckers!  Beavers would have something to say on the matter but it would be quite the battle!

For week ending 3/31

Answer 6, get 2 TPE. Answer 3, get 1 TPE

1. We're a solid week into the season. How are you feeling about your performance so far?

2. What abilities are you going to be focusing on this season?

3. Do you plan to max earn this season? Why or why not?

4. If you could start your current player over from the beginning knowing what you do now, what would you do differently?

5. Who is someone in the league you haven't interacted with but would like to?

6. If Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers and Susie sold seashells by the seashore, how long until they meet up at a farmers market?

On 3/27/2024 at 2:12 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 3/31

1. We're a solid week into the season. How are you feeling about your performance so far?

4. If you could start your current player over from the beginning knowing what you do now, what would you do differently?

6. If Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers and Susie sold seashells by the seashore, how long until they meet up at a farmers market?

1. I'm content with it, I was honestly expecting to be a little better than I am performing but can't be too upset am currently PPG and having a great season so far!

2. I think face-offs they're my biggest weakness as a center though I do want to improve my scoring aswell!

3. Most likely not I will remain a welfare earner, but doing a few other tasks aswell to top myself up so I'm earning at least 10 per week. Too busy with University to be investing a lot of time into making graphics and such.

4. Honestly, nothing I've really enjoyed my career, maybe pushed to the majors one season sooner so I could have 5 full seasons in the VHL but nothing much, Ireally enjoyed playing in SDM and really enjoyed COL also.

5. I mean probs Janser, awesome dude, I've spoken to him a bit before but not currently on any lineups together only really spoke to him a bit when I was back in Calgary as the AGM for a short while.

6. It's gotta be at least 27.3 days.

On 3/27/2024 at 3:12 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 3/31

1. Wanker's dialed in. He's been a slow starter throughout his whole career, but not this season. I'm honestly amazed by Simon's bleseings so far.

2. I'm just banking TPE for depreciation, not building any attributes.

3. I got a bit lazy and used the death of my PC as an excuse to not do PTs, but new hardware is arriving next week, hopefully I'll be able to get back into earning probably. But it's difficult to find motivation when I'm not applying the TPE straight away.

4. I guess I'd build Kerr to be less of a compromise between offensive production and two-way game. So either less PH and SC and more DF and CK, or the other way around.

5. Kinda shame Girts doesn't use discord, I guess them. Or Dom, I think Dom's a fellow metalhead.

6. Not longer than it would take you to say "Tři tisíce tři sta třiatřicet stříbrných křepelek přeletělo přes tři tisíce tři sta třiatřicet stříbrných střech." I believe in ř supremacy.

For week ending 4/7/24

1. We're currently 3rd in the conference and 5th in the league. How are you feeling about our performance so far?

2. Wann Kerr is all over the VHL Leaders leaderboard top 10s. How do you think he does it?

3. Given our recent performance, whose sacrifice do you think Simon accepted? And what was it?

4. Do you agree with the assessments that London relies heavily on Teno to make it into the playoffs?

5. Have you been able to recruit any friends to join the VHL?

6. If you could (or do) play hockey in real life, what position would you (do you) play?

12 minutes ago, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/7/24

1. We're currently 3rd in the conference and 5th in the league. How are you feeling about our performance so far?

2. Wann Kerr is all over the VHL Leaders leaderboard top 10s. How do you think he does it?

3. Given our recent performance, whose sacrifice do you think Simon accepted? And what was it?

4. Do you agree with the assessments that London relies heavily on Teno to make it into the playoffs?

6. If you could (or do) play hockey in real life, what position would you (do you) play?

1. It's been a weird start, for the whole league that is, but I'm happy with how many pucks we've kept out of our net, and I feel like our start should have earned us a better league position.
2. Well I heard him and Simon are old fishing buddies... so....
3. I've been sending Simon lots of leftovers, he seems to hunger nearly as much as Fong!
4. Yeah, but that's by design! Team wouldn't look like this if Teno didn't exist!
5. I suppose I can call my father my friend, otherwise no.
6. I feel like I would have been a goalie. At least a defensive defender.

4 hours ago, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/7/24

1. Happy, definitely an improvement from last season I still think I could be doing a little better but I'll only be getting stronger over the course of this season!
2. One of the best players it's no surprise he's up there, I'm surprised Triller isn't really!
3. Definitely mine, the f*** simon gif always does the trick.

4. I think Teno is definitely an important factor in London making the play-offs however, we also have a very strong offense and solid dmen core

5. I have but not been able to get any of them properly active unfortunately.

6. Most likely goalie. Have some experience in field hockey, ice hockey is too expensive to play in the UK unfortunately!

On 4/2/2024 at 3:49 PM, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/7/24

1. We're rocking and rolling, firing on all cylinders. London Gud m8.

2. I think it's the Bernard lager carb loading before games. Last season, he was abstaining from it and look at it, he had his worst season since his sophomore year! He's back now, and shipping from Czechia to London is cheaper than it was to Vancouver. Cheaper shipping, more Bernard lager, more production.

3. I think everyone did their part, but I don't think it was mine. I left a baby goat in the middle of a pentagram made from hockey sticks, with burning pucks in the corners. But last time I checked, the goat was still there.

4. They're our star(ting) goaltender, they've always carried a huge load on their shoulders. Yes, we rely on Teno heavily, but we also have an elite offense and a strong D-core.

5. Nope. The amount of my friends who are somewhat fluent in english (well...at least on my meh level lol) is small, and so is the amount of my friends who are into hockey. Only one friend is in both these groups, and he's not interested. What a weirdo.

6. I used to play hockey as a kid, I would switch between defense and left wing. I wasn't really good enough skater to handle playing center, and I was a big kid (sadly, I stopped growing at 12 or 13), strong along the boards and in front of the net. A bully lol.

Edited by VattghernCZ

For week ending 4/14/24

1. The Theme Week this season is Rebrand. Are you creating for it? What do you think of the subject?

2. TDL is next week which means we're more than halfway through the season. How are you feeling?

3. With TDL coming up, whose recreate are you looking forward to seeing?

4. We've got a 4 game win streak going. Think we can make it 5 or 6 tonight?

5. What do you think is one improvement the VHL still needs to make?

6. If you could spend 24 hours with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

For week ending 4/14/24

1. The Theme Week this season is Rebrand. Are you creating for it? What do you think of the subject?

2. TDL is next week which means we're more than halfway through the season. How are you feeling?

3. With TDL coming up, whose recreate are you looking forward to seeing?

4. We've got a 4 game win streak going. Think we can make it 5 or 6 tonight?

5. What do you think is one improvement the VHL still needs to make?

6. If you could spend 24 hours with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?

1. I dont have photoshop so I guess I will write something? I'm not really sure though

2. Feeling good Sjin is cooking this season and Cologne are dominating

3. JESSSEEE TENNOOOOO

4. I think we will the team is clicking and playing really well

5. Recruitment, just getting new players in.

6.  JFK or DJT or some other political leader of the past or present.