Thoughts on the VHLM Draft

With the draft coming up, I thought I'd take a minute to breakdown my thoughts on the draft and rank three things I look for in my VHLM home.

1. Most important has to be the overall locker room atmosphere.  Especially at the VHLM level, the camaraderie and activity in the locker room is probably the most valuable part of the start of any player's career.  I've said it before, but if you're not enjoying your teammates and locker room, it won't matter how well you're playing - you're going to have a bad time.  

2. Winning is second for me. I mean who doesn't want to bring home trophies?  We play to win and it's every player's dream to hoist the championship trophy at the end of the season.  Not to mention the thrill of the playoff chase and excitement both in the arena and in the locker room when the team is firing on all cylinders and playing lights out.  There's just nothing like it!

3. Least important for me is playing time.  I mean, sure it's great to be a starting player and get the glory of gaudy stats, but starting off I really don't put too much stock into that.  I'm all about trying to contribute when my number is called on and just enjoying the locker room and season.  I'd much rather win a team trophy or be blessed with a fun locker room than win MVP.