For Club and Country, Lawson Gets USA Call

Nyx

Having finally settled down in his . . . humble apartment in Rome, he scribbled in a notebook on the desk in his living room which, well, also happened to be his bedroom. And his kitchen. Underneath some pencil marks spelling out an introductory phrase in English, he wrote out another phrase just underneath. "Ciao il mio nome è Tyler," he trailed off, a hand to his forehead. The language barrier was something that had been troubling him - without the Gladiators organization helping to acquire his apartment, he'd be sleeping out on the streets, no doubt. Shaking his head, he got back into his notebook not allowing himself to grow distracted. Just as he picked up his pencil from his desk, he shot out of his chair in shock as the chime of his ringtone filled the room. Who the hell is calling at this time of night?' He thought, annoyed that he'd been disturbed once again.

"I swear whoever called, I'm going to give them a piece of my-" He froze as he picked up the call and heard the voice on the other end. "Hello, is this Tyler Lawson?" The voice asked, to which Tyler confirmed. "Please hold for [USA Manager name] for the World Junior Championship." His eyes grew wide as he removed his phone from his ear to look at the phone in disbelief over what he was hearing. 'Did they say Team USA?'  He thought, 'No shot - there's no way.'

If he had any more doubts, it was shattered quickly as the team manager informed him of their interest in him playing for the squad, should he be interested. "Yes!" He shouted, "Uh - definitely, I'd . . . uh, it would be an honor, amazing really, I . . . yes, I'd love to." He stammered, his words stumbling over themselves as words were flowing out of his mouth uncontrollably. He winced knowing that the other tenants would likely complain of his outburst just now - what an impression to make on his first night, huh? 

As the other side of the phone assured him they'd keep and touch and clicked off the call, Lawson couldn't help yet another outburst as he punched the air excitedly. "USA! USA! USA!" He chanted in his celebration, a smile plastered across his face that he couldn't shake off even if he wanted to. During his chanting, though, a man from the floor beneath him began yelling loudly at him in Italian, and from the little knowledge he DID have on the language, he could tell they weren't very friendly words.

"I, err, sorry!" He yelled back before resting his head in his hands. "Damnit," he muttered before tossing himself onto his bed, laying on his back. He couldn't help but to just stare at the ceiling thinking about this new opportunity - no, he wouldn't be getting much rest tonight, he thought.

Edited by Nyx