A hockey family?

(Posted 20 minutes after the deadline, I didn't know USA switches to DST this weekend - where I live, we do on the last weekend of March. If it's not approved, that's fair, I'll claim it for WE 3/24. My ignorance has already cost me the option to press welfare, 2 more capped lost won't kill me lol)

It doesn't always have to be genes that carry a trait across generations of a family. An example of this is one of the newest standouts of the Greenland Youth Academy, Alagsantere Grønvold, eligible for the S96 VHL entry draft. And an adopted son of Wann Kerr and his wife.

There really isn't much resemblance between these two, as the youngster is already 6 inches taller than his 5'9 adoptive father. But there are definitely more similarities between them once they hit the ice. Both move pretty well, which is especially impressive in the behemoth of a Greenlander, and both play pretty gutsy game with a lot of F-you attitude. Albeit both on the opposite end of the ice, as Alagsentere plays defense.

„He's a menace. Obviously we don't really encourage physicality here with teenagers, but guys other guys definitely don't like playing against him,“ said Gønvold's junior coach. „Any team that drafts Santy will get themselves a first pairing penalty killer, he's truely got the potential to be a franchise cornerstone. If you have someone who can create offense from the back end, that it. This will probably never be a strength of his.“

That's a lot of praise coming from someone who had coached defenders like Leif Reingaard or Vanellope van Schweetz, some of the brightest rising stars in the VHL. With only two seasons left in the youth academy, scouts should definitely start eyeing this youngster, and try to bring him to the M as soon as possible – immediately after his youth career ends at the S94 VHL trade dea

dline.

Edited by VattghernCZ