New Team, Same Game -- Wladyslaw Mintus

mintusaurus

New Team Same Game

by Eliseo Eppolito 

EE: Wladyslaw, thank you for taking the time to talk to me today here in Houston. 

WM: Eliseo, the pleasure is all mine. You can call me Wlad if you’d like. Most do, haha.

EE: Well, Wlad, how do you feel that you are back state-side after playing last season in Mississauga Ontario for the Mississauga Hounds?

WM: First, let me start by saying how much I enjoyed my time in Mississauga. The city was great, the fans were amazing, and my teammates were incredibly welcoming and kind. I learned a lot from my time there. But I am happy to be state-side again. It’s great here in Houston. Actually, Did you know, I almost was a Houstonian.

EE: Oh really? How is that?

WM: Well both of my parents worked down here after they graduated college. They had taken jobs at NASA, but they moved back to Detroit when my Mom got pregnant, so that we would be closer to family. I  remember going on a trip down there when I was a kid. We met all of my mom and dads old friends. Got some sweet NASA patches.

EE: Sounds like you have some smart parents, working at NASA?! 

WM: They are very smart, and some of the nicest people I know. They have always been so supportive of my Sister and I.

EE: So how are you getting along down here with the new team?

WM: Well Eliseo, it’s a new team, but it’s the same game. We all know how to play the game, and now it’s how everyone meshes together, and finding the right chemistry.

EE: And how is that going?

WM: It’s going really well. You know I think we have a real tough line when we go out there. Not afraid to throw our weight around and get into the corners. Billy Joel ( @The goat of hockey ) has been particularly great as a defensive partner. He and I always seem to be on the same wavelength. We cover each other's backs, and tend to know where the other one is/is going to be on the ice.

EE: It sounds like you are getting up to speed with the team quickly! What about outside of the rink? Have you adjusted to the City?

WM: That is still a work in progress. On days off I’ll sometimes just wander around my apartment. Just pick a direction and kinda walk that way for a while and see what there is. Other times some of the guys and I will go out golfing, or out to dinner. So I am getting the lay of the land, somewhat. But for right now, I am concentrating on the hockey. The city will come with time.  @AJW  has been a great GM too. He wants his guys to grow.

EE: I can certainly understand that. Well, Wlad, I can’t thank you enough for meeting with me today, and I look forward to watching you the rest of this season with the Houston Bulls.

WM: Thank you. Please let me know if you need another interviewee. This was fun.

Review:

Good, simple interview. Well formatted to differentiate the Interviewer and Interviewee, which makes it an easy read. The use of different colours for each person's dialogue makes a big difference as well! Great use of tags and love how you even have an author signature by the title. Diverse questionaire, well thought out. Look forward to seeing what's next in stored for Wlad! Keep up the good work! 10/10