Kirby Rambles: Save me, Spring Break (And Random VHL Thoughts)

kirbithan

tired kirby GIF

You may be thinking: another edition of Kirby Rambles already? Yes, that is indeed the case. So buckle your seatbelts because here we go! 

School’s still been killing me, given this is being written after a week of four exams. I have one more exam tomorrow afternoon and a quiz on Wednesday (don’t procrastinate, kids), then I should be free for spring break next week! It’s a break I have been looking forward to, because I am exhausted, both mentally and physically if I’m being honest. One of the worst parts of it all is that my friends and I all go to different schools, and they decided to stagger all of our breaks so none of us were off at the same time. Wow, thank you, California universities. Absolutely fantastic. On the bright side, went out to brunch for one of my friends’ birthday and the food and service at the place was absolutely amazing. That was something nice to come out of this week, at least. 

ANYWAYS, back to the VHL-related stuff after that quick rant! Lachlan’s got his first few games as a Warsaw Predator under his belt and it’s looking solid so far, with ten games played on the season and sporting a 7-3-0 record. Save percentage is at .934% with a GAA of 2.48, so not bad at all for an old geezer like this Aussie! No shutouts yet on the season but I’ll be eagerly awaiting the first, and hope I don’t regret picking myself for VHFL this year. But as they say, if you want something done, just do it yourself! I still got a good amount of banked TPE for one last push before Lachlan rides off into the sunset at the TDL next season and I’m excited yet anxious for that. Like I’ve said before, it’ll be bittersweet to part with my first player, who’s made himself a household name, brought home hardware, and helped secure Davos their first Continental Cup in what seems like ages, but it’ll be fun to receive a fresh start and go through the process of being a prospect once more! I truly hope Lachlan will have done enough to secure him a spot in the Hall of Fame. Now wouldn’t that be legendary?

Going through the VHLM after picking a team and the entire prospect pipeline is probably one of the most fun things about the VHL and I really enjoyed my first-gen experience (and hopefully I’ll be less nervous about draft interviews now that a fair amount of folks know me and what I can bring to the table). It will also be my first with the new waiver system! Glad that the already hardworking GMs don’t have to bombard all the new player create threads to send their pitch, which definitely saves them a lot of time and energy. I’m still strongly considering building an offensive defenseman but after this season’s recreate class, I’ll see where things stand in terms of position and consult some other opinions to see what would be the best option for me. 

I’ve learned that I can truly talk a lot when writing these Kirby Rambles media spots and honestly, I think it’s because I just like dumping my opinions and thoughts somewhere where I can revisit them in a few months, maybe a year’s time, and then see how far I’ve come and where I was at at the time of writing. I’ll be signing off for now, folks! Hopefully the next time you hear from me, I’ll actually have the energy of someone my age.

Spoiler

word count: 600

Edited by kirbithan