Into the Deep End

I began my journey in the VHL less than a month ago, coming from a YouTube video and throwing myself into a brand new experience. Since then, I've made over 100 TPE, had the most liked post, and got drafted in the first round of a draft I didn't even know existed the week before. I joined a great team with a ton of active players, both new and returning, and have had a lot of fun following the first week of real games in the VHLM. Something also happened last week that I expected least of all, I was named captain of the Halifax 21st!

Now, being in the league for this amount of time really meant this announcement was a true test of what I could be capable in this league going forward. I was truly thrown into the deep end (off Pier 21) and asked to either sink or swim and I couldn't be happier. It was an honour to be named the captain of this silly, fun, fake hockey league full of real, talented people. I hope to help keep everyone as engaged as possible on the 21st so we can compete for a championship. 

I hope most of all to help everyone on the team keep coming back for more and keep having fun each week, because in the end that's what this is all about. Forget TPE earning and all the stats, we're here to make friends and meet new people and pretend to be super talented hockey players in the most competitive and diverse league in the world. 

Thanks everyone for making this experience so wonderful so far, it's what keeps me coming back.

Spoiler

BOAT GANG! :hfx::hfx::hfx: