Weathered the Storm

Denver

fdbcf9c5a8b45413fa1653c5294bdd3e.png

WEATHERED THE STORM

The VHLM Semi-Finals are officially over and the Oslo Storm had fallen a few games short of actually advancing after spending most of the regular season atop of the standings even after reaching a first round bye. The Storm went down to the Watchmen (4 – 2) as the Watchmen advance through the European Conference Semi-Finals and into the VHLM Finals to face the Saskatoon Wild. Meanwhile the team wasn’t that upset, of course it’s never easy losing a semi-final game when a team had been so heavily favored to win the European Conference to begin with. Most of Oslo’s players are ready to take the plunge and further their careers in embarking on their rookie seasons next season there are several standouts like Klose, Hill, Graves, and Light who are all looking to make a name for themselves. Meanwhile others are ready to move as well in hopes of starting their rookie seasons and coping with whatever changes may come with taking the ice in the VHL for the very first time. A lengthy Off-Season might do the Storm players some good, but it won’t be long before they’re back to work doing what they do best. Unless of course they are selected for the World Cup that starts ahead of the 41st season of the VHL.

“I loved playing for Oslo this season, we had an amazing set of guys coming into the season, we picked up a few people along the way and we fought to the very end. I know we were favored to win at one point, but that’s just hockey sometimes it isn’t your night and there were two or three games that could’ve gone either way. I don’t regret anything that’s happened, I’m just lucky to have been a part of this sucessful team.”  -- Ryan Cattrall