Leonard Triller - Into the Sunset

giphy.gif

I was never sure of when I was going to write this but I wanted to do it much later in my career than some members tend to do.  Even with two seasons to go in Leonard's career it feels like too much is left to truly reflect on his journey through all three leagues but I will give it a go while focusing on his time in the VHL with his draft team, London United.

Leonard was drafted in S86, 11th overall by then GM Dil.  He received no draft interview but was told after the draft that he was a lock for the VHL, no questions asked.  Being from a small town in Saskatchewan, the big city of London was quite a shock but it didn't take long for him to acclimate.  He joined the team in S88 for what would be one of the most exciting moments in his career.  Winning the Continental Cup as a rookie sets a high standard, especially as it was London's first one.  With 47 points in the regular season and 17 in the playoffs, his contributions were noteworthy though he felt proving himself further would certainly be required.

giphy.gif

As the seasons continued to pass, so did Leonard.  His playmaking ability grew as he was given top line minutes while being paired with a United legend in Molly the Cat.  The duo would slowly find a rhythm allowing London to reach the playoffs every season though not always making the deep runs they so desired.  S91 was an amazing personal year for Leonard and one he could not have achieved without his linemates Molly and Wann Kerr.  As a playmaker he could not have asked for better goal scorers to be surrounded by and as a result, he claimed the Alexander Beketov Trophy for most assists in the league with 79 for a total of 103 points.  His best season so far.

giphy.gif

As he faces depreciation and the last 2 seasons in the league, Leonard approaches an uncertainty he never had to consider until now.  Who is he without his captain Molly the Cat?  Molly's retirement hit hard this Off-Season and Leonard has had to dig deep to discover who he is as a player and what he is going to do on and off the ice to fill the cat shaped hole left in the team.  He has elevated his game in every regard and plans to show the VHL that he is a threat regardless of who is standing next to him.

giphy.gif

UNITED!