If this is the week everyone is going to sh*t on the Marlins, I might as well be first.

With the intent of connecting the team to the city, without the need to have the name slated on the logo, this would be my approach:

JOc6pE4.png

Since the outline of San Diego's skyline could be farfetched to recognizing the team, we could also have a lettering version,

8r2OzBE.png

At first, I had a more laid-back font, using the arch on the side of the crest, but a simpler, cleaner version works best. @Mysterious_Fish, would you make take the switch?

1 hour ago, leandrofg said:

With the intent of connecting the team to the city, without the need to have the name slated on the logo, this would be my approach:

JOc6pE4.png

Since the outline of San Diego's skyline could be farfetched to recognizing the team, we could also have a lettering version,

8r2OzBE.png

At first, I had a more laid-back font, using the arch on the side of the crest, but a simpler, cleaner version works best. @Mysterious_Fish, would you make take the switch?

I gotta say, I saw this notification and I thought that this was about to be something worse based on the topic title. My first thought was "oh shit, did they make theme week, hate on Marlins week?" On your question tho, no. I would not change the current logo to this logo. Partially too dark and not enough colors. Although solid idea

1 minute ago, Mysterious_Fish said:

I gotta say, I saw this notification and I thought that this was about to be something worse based on the topic title. My first thought was "oh shit, did they make theme week, hate on Marlins week?" On your question tho, no. I would not change the current logo to this logo. Partially too dark and not enough colors. Although solid idea

If they just cut the shit in half the current logo is fire. It's just too tall.

1 hour ago, Mysterious_Fish said:

Ahahah! Imagine that being the actual theme.

City rep jersey, though

2SNjg5a.png

1 hour ago, leandrofg said:

Ahahah! Imagine that being the actual theme.

City rep jersey, though

2SNjg5a.png

now that logo looks fire, would say a background for the center of the logo would be cool to add

48 minutes ago, Mysterious_Fish said:

now that logo looks fire, would say a background for the center of the logo would be cool to add

GIF by Tokkingheads

I'd say move the cityscape so it becomes the BG inside the crest but scale up the cityscape.  We have a thing in 3D when modeling and texturing called "scale of detail".  You want to try to keep all aspects at the same level of detail or things just look wrong.  The buildings are too small in detail to match the marlin at the moment.