Theme Week: VHLM Expanded

mmrs617

@AJW put out an article this week outlining some proposed changes to the VHLM. This included abolishing the VHLE and expanding the VHLM by two teams to accommodate the players from the E. I've decided to take this idea and run with it. What if this happened? What could the possible new franchises be?

Since it is a two team expansion, it makes sense for there to be one team added to each conference. I started thinking about where these new franchises could end up. I am a little biased, so I only considered Canadian locations. 

Without further ado, I present the first expansion team added to the Eastern Conference, the New Brunswick Tides!

image.thumb.png.9704ed03bef5701098782285b83c5040.png

I liked the idea of having the Bay of Fundy represented in a team. Since the Bay is located between New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Maine, and Halifax already has a team, I decided on New Brunswick. The logo features rock formation from the Bay of Fundy and the tides moving in from below. The letters NB are brought in to show the team's location. I decided on a brown and blue colour palette to represent the rocks and water. The team would have two home jerseys, that would be called the "High Tide" and "Low Tide" jerseys.

The second team would enter the Western Conference. Saskatoon is the only western Canadian team in the M, so there were lots of locations to choose. I decided on Vancouver, only to realize there is a VHL team in Vancouver (I'm new so I forgot). This team could be a new VHLM team, or possible a rebrand of the Vancouver Wolves.

I present to you, the Vancouver Alpines!

image.png.098c1d831d872cb7b736ea97c240cc7f.png

The Alpines feature a simple by sharp design. The logo consists of a "V" for Vancouver, with the peak of the Rockies emerging from within. The different shades of blue and grey are featured throughout the jersey. I imagine there would be a third jersey that has an alternate word-mark logo that says "ALPS".

This was a ton of fun to make, if not time consuming. There are so many concepts I could have gone with, but I'm really happy with how these turned out. Maybe one day we will see @AJW's vision come to fruition, and maybe New Brunswick or Vancouver will be in the running for expansions.