A look at the final stretch.

With every team in all leagues having fewer than ten games remaining on the regular season the seeding for playoffs are beginning to take shape, however there are some close races to close out the regular season.  

In the VHL North American Conference the Toronto Legion hold a seven point lead over second place and are likely to have the top seed the real fight here is for the 5th spot which the Chicago Phoenix hold with 64 points behind them is the Calgary Wranglers with 60 points and then at 56 points we have the Vancouver Wolves who aren't statistically eliminated just yet, Chicago has played one fewer game then the other two teams so they just have to do their best to stay steady to hold on.

In the European Conference the top five are more or less set all that the is left is to jockey for seeding, Both London and Malmo sit at 90 points for top spot however Malmo has played two fewer games. The next three teams are all within three points of each other Prague Phantoms, ( 84 ) Warsaw Predators, ( 83 ) and the Moscow Menace ( 81 ) These three teams will battle it out down the stretch to try and get the best matchup they can.

In the VHLE Cologne currently leads the league with 94 points and is on a six game winning streak with the last two of those against third place Vasteras. The Oslo Storm sit five points back at 89 points but have played one fewer game they will be trying to use their elite offense to overtake them. At third with 85 points is the Vasteras Iron Eagles who most people seemed to think at the onset of the season would lead this league, maybe they're saving their best hockey for when it matters most. And then currently holding fourth place with a nine point lead on fifth is the Stockholm Vikings who has really been lead by stellar goaltending this year, they will be hoping said goaltending can steal a couple of series.

Then in the VHLM our number one team is the only one in any league that has broken the century mark so far this season. The Ottawa Lynx sit atop the league with 102 points they have an eight point lead over the Halifax 21st who sit at 94 points then ten points behind them we have a dogfight for third between Saskatoon ( 84 points ) and Houston ( 82 points ) the Las Vegas Aces sit in fifth with 76 points and then battling it out for sixth is Philadelphia ( 66 points ) and Mississauga ( 65 points ) and then in eight place and the final playoff spot is Mexico City at 52 points they're twelve points ahead of ninth so should feel confident that they can cruise into the dance.

In summary each league has one or two interesting battles for seeding to close out the year with the most interesting to me being the Malmo and London for the top of the European Conference. It should be a fun end to the season.

REVIEW: Firstly I would like to say this is a good article that looks at the snapshot in time for all three leagues. I do have a couple of ideas to make it easier for the reader to follow along. Firstly, I would include a screenshot of the ladder for each of the leagues so that way a person has not only your words as a reference point but also a visual representation as well. This way they can quickly line up what you are saying to the graphic. Also I would probably include Headings between each paragraph so it is easier to see which paragraph belongs to which league and you can also reference each of the ladders that way as well. Good article and would like to see more analysis stuff in the future