Another French player

Anthique

When I created my first player, I wanted to keep the part of my French heritage so even if Quebec is not a country, seeing that France was one I had no choice but to create a player with a French name. 

I started with the family name first, so I thought what is iconic for this country and having a nice "ring" to it. Champagne is something that can be called that way only if it comes from the region of the same name and it represent luxury and good taste. My player role wasn't represented by that description as he was more physical than anything, but he at least got two really good season by his standards. For the first name, I wanted something French (no shit!) that would fit with the family name. It was far more harder to find than I thought at first, but a legendary character in the DC universe got my attention and here we are.

A total of nine season later, with like I said earlier some good and some really not that good seasons, it was time for the "old" Alfred Champagne to retire and invest in the alcohol industry! He got a bit lucky to be in a team that make the playoffs every season since New York will participate in the playoffs with the 3rd position in the North American Conference. In all those playoffs appearances, he got his second best performance in S89 while winning his only Continental Cup! Davos was still a powerhouse the next two seasons with winning the Victory Cup twice, but that came with the infamous curse that you can win both trophies in the same season. I'm still happy with the final result, even if I would have liked more offensive production earlier in his career.

With that career over and still having fun in the league, I decided to create another player! I wanted to try a different position than a winger and my player in the SHL is a goalie so i didn't wanted another one. Not sure if not being a max earner is a good idea for a center since he have to put tpe in faceoffs, so I went for defenseman. I used the same mindset for the name and went for a French one (yes again!). I found the family name first like the first time. I looked at the best defenseman who played in the NHL with a french name and Éric Desjardins is one of the few players who scored at hat trick in the Stanley Cup final, and probably the only one doing so being a defenseman. I don't really like the first name so had to find another one and the founder of the cooperative bank Desjardins (there is some outside of Quebec) is name Alphonse so everything fit perfectly. 

After creating my player, lot of people welcomed me back and to finish the season in the VHLM, I got a message from the San Diego Marlins that I also know in the SHL to offer me a contract to play a couple of games. My player did really well and with only 2 games to play , he's almost a point per game player with 9 points in 10 games!

I think the S94 VHLM draft is soon, so if you are a GM, just hit me up, I'm open to play anywhere!