Finally, a 20 goal season... plus 10.

CALGARY - The season is nearing a close and Wranglers center Raimo Tuominen is far from satisfied with his regular season. However, one thing that he was able to get off his back was finally cracking the 20 goal milestone in his third season of the VHL. That was a major concern for Raimo whose offensive numbers have been weak to start his career. With only 8 goals his first season and 17 in his second, he has been far from being the center he feels he should be.

“I mean, I was drafted at such a high position and I’m supposed to be a big piece of this team moving forward. Unless the mentality of the higher ups changes, that seems like the plan going forward.” Raimo said after his second season. “I need to at the very least be a solid 20 goal scorer by the end of the regular season. Of course, my focus is always on the championship but I need to progress in the regular season before I even think about the playoffs.”

He finally hit the 20 goal plateau earlier this season. He even got his first career hat trick. When he finally hit the 20 goal mark, he simply smiled.

“Good to see I was able to actually pull it off. As much of a relief it is, I can’t afford to relax now.”

The forward ended up hitting the 30 goal mark a few games ago.

“Great. I’m glad I hit the mark. Now time to score goals when it matters the most.”