Halifax Fog

Posted (edited)

A cold morning in Halifax, NS Free Photo Download | FreeImages

Halifax Fog

What started out as any typical early sunny morning, with crisp sea breeze blowing over the stunning Halifax harbor up from McNabs Island and across the tip of Georges Island at the center of the harbour; has once again ended with the fog rolling into the harbour. Covering the Harbour in a thick pea soup like thickness of whiteness, where one cannot see much past their noses. Pier 21 and the rest of Halifax seems to disappear as when the fog rolls in off the ocean, Halifax becomes quieter somehow. There is a coziness but sad feeling about the city.

Halifax started the season in a bright glow and warmth of sunny days ahead but in the end the season in Halifax has once again ended in the fog as their season ended yesterday at the hands of Saskatoon Wild and one cannot see the similarities that the team shares with city in which it plays.

Bright Star potential Pierre Marc Bouchard is a great example of how thick the fog and disappear can become when living and playing in Halifax as the blanket of fog rolls in; forcing many to lose their ways. Two goals and two assist in eleven games for the 2nd overall selected Bouchard rather sums up the disappoint finish to the playoffs for Halifax and himself. What should have been announcement to the VHL of a potential star and raising of his draft stock; if only he could lift the cup at the end of the season with Halifax now has many scouts asking about his ability to play in the big games and the possibility of questioning of his draft stock.

“I had to be better and I let the team down” stated the young prospect from Halifax. “I just couldn`t get my feet going for whatever reason or break through the much tighter checking in the playoffs. I am rather disappointed at the moment with my play through the playoff for Halifax. It wasn`t what we wanted as group, a team and that is always disappointing.”

“It shows that I have a long way to go in my development path and a ton of things that I can try to improve at the next level if I am going to be a successful player in the VHL.” Pierre Marc answered about what he could do differently. “I need to be a better overall skater, add more strength, be a bit more aggressive and try to continue to develop my scoring touch. While it doesn`t help Halifax today, it should help whoever I play for next season and my training starts as soon as I can.”

“Plans for the off-season? I will be heading back to Finland and likely Helsinki to train after a few responsibilities in the city are taken care of. I am not sure where I will play next season be it in the VHLE or the VHL as that will be a discussion that I have with my agent and future GM once I am drafted into the VHL.” questioned the Halifax prospect, seeming rather unsure of himself.

“I have my own goals, yes!! But at the end of the day, I want to help a team win or meet the teams’ goals so if that means staying down a season or two in the VHLE than that is what I will do.” Added the Finnish player; “But if I had my personal choice, I am not sure what I would do!! I think I would join the VHL as I don`t see what I will gain from playing the VHLE.”

So will Pierre Marc Bouchard draft stock fall after a horrible playoff performance and will the fog ever lift in Halifax long enough for the 21st to claim a Founder`s Cup?  

Frustrated Kyle Mooney GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by Gaikoku-hito