Rave Staying in Malmo With New 3-Year Deal

After back-to-back Victory Cup wins followed by unceremonious post-season exits, the Malmo Nighthawks are facing a potential crossroads. Their direction for upcoming seasons may be up in the air with several key players needing contract extensions in the next season or two.

One player who's future is now more certain is sophomore centre Phillip Rave, who has just signed a three-year deal to stick around. His breakout S93 campaign featured 34 goals and 81 points, doubling up the production he recorded as a rookie in S92.

"The Nighthawks and I had some good conversations after the playoffs and talked about the team's future and what I had in mind for mine and we found some common ground... at the end of the day, this is where I wanted to be. I've loved my time in Malmo and I couldn't see myself playing anywhere else. You just never know what the next few years are going to bring but we have a great team here, we've had two awesome seasons, and I'm excited to get back out there, to compete with this group again next season and just find a way to keep improving and make some noise in the playoffs," Rave said.

"If everything breaks right I'd love to spend my whole career here. It's a matter of making sure the fit's right for player and team, but this is home."