New Beginning For Landry

Doomsday

New Beginning For Landry

TURKU - After a 3 - 1 loss in the North American Conference Finals, Calgary winger Thomas Landry left the ice for the final time as a Victory Hockey League player. However, the newly-retired Landry will not be out of work for long, as the Turku Outlaws of the VHLM announced today that he has been hired as an Assistant General Manager.

"It was a big surprise to me," said Landry in an interview con ducted over the telephone. "Davey Jones called me up, which isn't out of the ordinary since we've stayed in touch regularly since he retired last year. Here I thought he was going to ask me how the retired life was treating me and instead he offered me the job. I was blown away, but I wasn't about to turn down that opportunity."

Landry is expected to begin scouting VHLM prospects this week for Turku in preparation for the VHLM Dispersal Draft. Additionally, he has confirmed that he will be in New York with Jack Kowalski for the VHL Entry Draft.

Jethro Novacek is a contributor for the MSFL Times, which remains the supreme football publication. He enjoys Club crackers, that Nationwide jingle and being done with putting up Christmas decorations.