Hockey Hotline with Ky and Royski ep. 4

meandyoc

Loved this episode!  I appreciate the Halifax shoutout (Miami rivalry notwithstanding) 😅

I also thought @Royski made a great point about M locker rooms not having the benefit of establishing a culture and identity with players only being there for 1-2 seasons.  If that could be extended to 3 somehow, maybe raising the cap to 300, it would go a long way with building player relationships and community at that level.  

Also, I’m gonna double down on that @ethanjaeda Robin Sierra shoutout!  They’ve been absolutely unreal for Halifax so far and they deserve every bit of success so far this season.  

Great podcast, and I love what you guys are doing for building excitement around 1st gens and players who may not always get the spotlight.  Already looking forward to the next one!  🙏🏻

7 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

Loved this episode!  I appreciate the Halifax shoutout (Miami rivalry notwithstanding) 😅

I also thought @Royski made a great point about M locker rooms not having the benefit of establishing a culture and identity with players only being there for 1-2 seasons.  If that could be extended to 3 somehow, maybe raising the cap to 300, it would go a long way with building player relationships and community at that level.  

Also, I’m gonna double down on that @ethanjaeda Robin Sierra shoutout!  They’ve been absolutely unreal for Halifax so far and they deserve every bit of success so far this season.  

Great podcast, and I love what you guys are doing for building excitement around 1st gens and players who may not always get the spotlight.  Already looking forward to the next one!  🙏🏻

Hali has been cooking us in games!!! Our battle in the playoffs if we meet will be legendary.

But yeah! I absolutely agree with something like this being a good change. The only issue I foresee is with the E still being a 400 TPE cap would really struggle in a small space of 300-400 TPE players and would become incredibly niche. As much as I would like to say it doesn’t matter to me what happens to teams and leagues, I don’t think any team deserves to be smothered out of a league by lack of players or staff.

I also second the notion of Sierra getting the praise they deserve. When I look at the players leaderboard I want to see Miami!!!! And Robin Sierra is RUINING that for me!!!! 

Thank you for the feedback! I think we are going to make some small tweaks to our talking points so we can have some more about first gens and such! I appreciate it greatly.

1 hour ago, Royski said:

Thank you for the feedback! I think we are going to make some small tweaks to our talking points so we can have some more about first gens and such! I appreciate it greatly.

Get @LucyXpher on your podcast as a guest!!!