Sunderbruch Nearly Point Per Game, Underwhelming Start.

With the midway point of the season coming up, it's safe to say we can see what teams are really making a difference and which teams really aren't. And when we can see which teams are good, we can see which players are good. The San Diego Marlins are sitting squarely in 4th place in the Western Conference, which would be good for 3rd place in the Eastern conference by about 15 points, and while this isn't BAD, it certainly isn't good either considering the competition in the West this year seems much tighter than it does in the East. And with a team that's struggling usually it's because of bad scoring and weak defense. I'm sure I'm not incorrect in my take that Sunderbruch who is entering his junior year in the league is performing at a pace much slower than we'd like to see. With 10 goals and 21 assists Sunderbruch sits at just under a point per game, which for a near max player isn't as good as one would hope. However there are some take aways from this, Sunderbruch is a pass first kind of center and in an offense with some more defensive minded players on it, it usually means less goals. You'd think a team that's sitting at .500 would be negative or have a really low goal differential but San Diego seems to be doing fairly well with a +19, in comparison Houston who is 2 games ahead of them is a +9 and Mexico City who is in first place is a +38.

Sunderbruch has a -6 point +/- and a .10 Shooting %, which isn't super amazing, and certainly needs some cleaning up. Hopefully this scoring misfortune changes during the rest of the season, though with being so far behind his peers in terms of points it's unlikely Sunderbruch brings home any hardware to end out the season, barring a miraculous turnaround. Sunderbruch has only taken 99 shots so far this year with first place in shots being Jacob Longstreet with 271 in 32 games played. The clear issue is that Sunderbruch just isn't putting the puck on the net and and isn't taking any shots or chances, opting to pass to linemates instead. Either way this certainly isn't the season he envisioned having, but if they end up with a shot at a cup ultimately personal accolades mean nothing.

I hope you enjoyed reading this article, I'd update much more than I do, however I work a lot so I have to do a good bit of this well in advance or in a crunch, anyways I think I hear my dad coming home from the bar, I need to grab my helmet and jockstrap, stay warm and stay icy, Seacrest out.

I can feel the upward arch of your story approaching, sitting here wishing I had a fast-forward button ⏩ let's goooooo!

That must have been a long street Jacob was practicing on, the whole rink is the offensive zone for him 😂