Erik Thorvaldsson - Hello Europe

Tetricide

hNkcEw5.png

Thorvaldsson was drafted 8th overall in the VHLE to the Rome Gladiators and couldn't wait to head back to Europe to be closer to home from a rather disappointing run with Mississauga in North America. We're about halfway through season 94, and if we're gonna be honest here the Gladiators are taking some pretty tough losses. The locker room is full of talent with the likes of their captain Nathan Ecker @Nathan_8, alternate Jillian Woods @jacobcarson877, and Vanuza Kolesinska @chikn. Thorvaldsson wasn't sure what he expected coming into this league...is this a team that can win it all? Is this team ready to do what it takes to win it all? Am I even the right guy to do my own job for this team? As of writing this, Thorvy's stats are currently 8G/24A/32P with a +7, 120 hits, and 73 shots blocked. He was also assigned as an alternate captain alongside soon to be best friend Wally Lose @youloser1337. In his own mind, points are just icing on the cake for getting the job done, but what's the job? Stop the puck from being in the opposing team's possession and put it into his own, after that he watches the magic unfold. In recent practice runs he's been upping his body checks to enhance his defensive form, and at 6'5" 250lbs that is just a Mack truck putting you through the boards. So far, it's translating well in recent games, but not enough goals are scoring to capitalize on this. His hopes are that the more live games he implements his defensive strats and size the more possession his team will have and the more goals his team will score. 

As the Gladiators try to buckle down their efforts in order to earn more league points, Thorvaldsson's eyes are on the prize -- the Renaissance Cup and maybe some individual awards. A rather bitter-sweet victory as it would also mark the end of his stay in Europe to head back to North America and play for the LA Stars in the VHL. "I miss Greenland... I visited home briefly during the off-season and the arena that helped get my name in the hat for the VHLM. The Acadamy has done a lot for me in response to my dedication to the sport and community there. I just hope one day I can repay them by bringing some awards home back with me. That's all I want." You can see the determination in his eyes that he quite possibly wants to win more than everyone else. His fate now rests in the hands of our simulation lord, Simon Tremblay.