Moscow on Edge - Season Hangs in Balance

Moscow on Edge - Season Hangs in Balance

The Moscow Menace came into the season with the expectation of championship contenders on their back. Thus far, it has not quite panned out that way. 39 games into the season (over 50% of the season completed), Moscow sit in 5th place in the European Conference. It sounds worse than it is given their proximity to the top of the European Conference, however there are rumours swirling of internal discontent that is starting to run through the team. David Rashford has never experienced anything like this in his career to date. When asked how he has managed to navigate the choppy waters, he replied "You just have to keep your head down and keep working. My goal is the championship and that is all it has ever been. We all have to make sure we are working towards the same goal otherwise we are not giving ourselves the best chance to be successful." Rashford, who is suffering a severe downturn in performance this season, has struggled to deal with the dour vibes in the Russian city. "There is no hiding from my lack of performance this season. I know that if I had played better, we could be challenging the top of the standings. I will say that it has been difficult for everyone in the locker room to stay focused given the environment. We just have to regain our focus and I know we will rapidly move up the table."