Look back at my last two players

Xflexz

Now that I'm creating my third player I thought it would be a good idea to recap my previous two players' experiences as well as my personal experiences. I'll be going in order of player and seasons and it won't be a highly detailed in depth sort of thing since some of these events happened four years ago at this point. Remembering events even last week is a struggle so four years is impossible. Right before I start I should mention I technically have three players and this will be my fourth but when I first started I made two players by accident and retired one straight away. I had a smooth brain moment to say the least.

(G) Markus Emerson Jr:

VHLM:
I joined the league at the very tail end of S72 with the San Diego Marlins. I joined so late in fact I never got to start a game before the season ended and was promptly released for the draft. Once the draft came around I was drafted 73rd Overall by the Las Vegas Aces. I was a bit bummed about being drafted late but I could understand why since I was a fresh create who had never been in a sim league before. After the draft hype was completed and I found myself on the Aces roster I was instantly notified I was traded. Talk about a whirlwind of emotions. I was traded to Mexico City for a 7th round pick in the S75 draft. To say my value was pretty low is an understatement. Now that I have bounced to three teams in the span of a week or two I finally settled in and was ready to get the grind started. In my first season, I spent as a backup and didn't play very many games. The games I did play were horrific and I don't want to spread that evil on this site. My next two seasons were pretty good. S74 & S75 were both winning seasons with a plus .900 SV%. My S75 was so good in fact I won the Benoit Devereux Trophy. This would be my first and only personal award but it was a real confidence booster. We ended up making the finals but lost in game 6. It was probably rigged but what do I know. My time in Mexico was elite and maybe I'm looking back on it more fondly than it was but I still think my time there is the reason I'm still in sim leagues to this day.

VHL: 
S76 saw my callup to the big boy table with Vancouver who drafted me 57th overall. Over my career there I had 128 wins, 75 losses, and 20 overtime losses with a  .918 SV%. Looking back at this career while it was probably a bit shorter than it should have been I am very happy with my performance. I can't remember too many specifics from this time since near the end I ended up getting burnt out and I think I just blocked all that stuff out of my memory banks. I do remember having a younger goal tender partner who was a monster at TPE earning. They kept me in check for most of my career and when I started regressing I decided to retire so they could be the starter. That's why my career was a bit shorter than it probably should've been but I don't regret it. I'd love to say more about my time in Vancouver but I just simply can't remember it well enough.

(D) Jimmy MacElroy

VHLM/VHLE:
Going into this player I was pretty dead set on not max earning and grinding it out as hard as I did with my last player. At this point, I was very deep into the PBE meaning I could use some of their tasks to affiliate with VHL so it'll be a bit easier to earn without as much effort. The plan was to do welfare, practice, trivia sometimes, pressers sometimes, and my PBE affiliate. I stuck to this pretty well during my entire career at least so I was satisfied there. For the VHLM I was initially signed by Miami but only played one game until I was drafted by Las Vegas 24th overall. Spent a total of two seasons in Las Vegas and did very well. I won back to back Founders Cups with Las Vegas and in my final season with them, I also won the Vladimir Boomchenko Trophy with 74 assists. This was the most successful and fun time I've ever had to this point in the VHL so I was riding a pretty big high. The VHLE was secondary for me. I purposely stuck below the TPE cap for VHLM to stay down an extra season so I ended up playing in the E for a single season. I played pretty well and we made the playoffs but ended up being round one elimination victims. Once again it was probably rigged.

VHL:
I spent a significantly larger amount of time in the VHL proper this time around after being drafted 22nd Overall by Vancouver. I managed to win a Continental Cup and a Victory Cup with them in my first couple of seasons with them. At this point, I was bringing in team hardware like it was candy. I only spent three seasons with Vancouver before I was traded out to Toronto. If I recall correctly we were a rebuilding team at the time of my trade. My time in Toronto was slightly worse as far as my personal performance goes than it was in Vancouver but it was pretty fun being a part of a build up to a top level team. Near the end of my time in Toronto, we ended up winning the Continental Cup! Winning it that time around near the end of my career after all the buildup after the trade was quite satisfying. I played a total of seven seasons in the VHL this time around getting 43 Goals, 298 Assists, 341 Points, 40+/-, and 1046 blocked shots. I achieved what I wanted to with this player and even outdid my expectations. I won four cups total over my career and a single personal trophy. Even though I earned less TPE this time around I found the experience more satisfying than my first. Was it because of all the cups and winning...Probably.

After looking back I am hoping I can replicate the success as far as team success with this new player I had with Jimmy. As a goalie, I find my personal success greatly corresponds with team performance so I plan on being an absolute unit this time around. Even more so than I was with my first goalie. I want to earn as much as possible this time too and be a player everyone wants to have on their roster. I want to be a literal game changer who can steal games or even entire series away with my individual play. 

1173 Words

Claiming for weeks ending 6/30 & 7/7

Edited by Xflexz