Looking Back

Steve

I guess I will continue looking back at my previous players. The last one to look at before I am at my current player is Max Torq. A defenseman that scored about a point per game over his entire career. He also won a cup with Seattle. So both my defensemen won a total of three cups while playing on the Seattle team. Max was my favorite player in a strange way. He was played like a rented mule but it was also rewarding when the team won. Max seemed to be in the top ten most of his career and I really enjoyed playing defense. So the trend looks like I started with a defenseman, then a center, then a defenseman and now Gunner, a center. If I were to stay in the league after Gunner leaves, I would make another defenseman for sure. Most of the time, it's a thankless position, but the fun is found it in the results as a team. A ton of blocked shots might not get you a point but you can see that you were active doing things that defensemen are supposed to do. Being a forward makes you look at the numbers more and are judged by how many points to post. Playing defense might not show on the score sheet all the time but is a crucial position to be a solid player.

Word count: 233